North Carolina End-of-Grade Testing
North Carolina End-of-Grade tests in the areas of Reading, Mathematics, and Science are multiple-choice tests given during the last quarter of the school year to all third, fourth, and fifth grade students.
Wednesday, May 27
3rd-5th Grade EOG Math Test
Thursday, May 28
5th Grade Online Science EOG Test
Tuesday or Wednesday, June 2 & June 3
How to Help Your Child Get Ready for the EOG Tests
The Night Before the EOG Tests:
· Try to plan ahead and keep the normal household routine.
· Consider talking about the test to reassure and encourage your child.
· Help your child understand the importance of testing.
· Make sure your child gets a good night's sleep.
· Be encouraging!
The Morning of the EOG Tests:
· Have your child get up early and eat a well-balanced breakfast.
· Have your child dress comfortably, maybe in their favorite outfit.
· Be positive when you send your child to school and let him or her know you have confidence in his/her abilities.
After the EOG Tests:
· Talk with your child about what he or she learned from the test.
· Praise you child for trying hard on the test.
· When you get the test results for your child, take time to discuss those results with your child.
9:15 AM - 10:15 AM Kindergarten Celebration