PTO Fundraiser Survey
Our PTO would like your input about the future of fundraising at Highland. Please take a moment to click on the Parent Fundraising Survey Link below to answer 3 quick questions by Friday, May 5th. The survey should take less than a minute to complete. We would appreciate your feedback on how our school raises money to help meet the needs of our teachers and students.
Beautification Day Sign Up
The Highland Staff and the PTO are joining hands to host our 1st ever beautification day at Highland on Saturday, June 3rd. The event is scheduled from 8am-12noon on the school grounds. The day will include general cleaning, trimming, gravel removal, and other activities to beautify the grounds around our school. All are welcome to attend and childcare will be provided for children 3-6 years of age. Please find the link to sign up on our school web page as well as the PTO Facebook page. Water and a light lunch will be included. Many volunteers will be needed on this day so please make plans to join us.
May 1 & 2
Talent Show Tryouts
Teacher Appreciation Week
Field Day - All Grade Levels
8:30am-10:45am: Grades 3, 4, 5
12:00pm-2:15pm: Grades K, 1, 2
5th Grade Celebration
K-4 End of Year Celebrations
Last Day of School
Early Release at 11:35am
Car Circle Drop Off (AM)
Pick Up (PM) Procedures
At Highland, student safety is a top priority! The guidelines we have established for morning drop off and afternoon pickup are to ensure maximum safety for ALL students. Please help us by complying with all procedures and requests given by staff members.
- Please refrain from cell phone use during car circle.
- Look carefully before changing lanes to help prevent accidents.
Morning Drop Off:
- If you choose to park and walk your child in, you must park in a space and walk your child ACROSS the crosswalk.
- Always use crosswalks when walking students into the building.
Afternoon Pick Up:
- Parents may NOT walk up during dismissal to pick up their child. Between 2:20 and 3:00, pick up must be done through the car circle line.
- For safety, students must enter from the right side of the vehicle only.
- To keep our car circle moving smoothly, if you need more time to settle your child into your car, after you pick them up you may pull into the parking lot to rearrange.
- If your child is not at a colored cone and you have to wait for them, a staff member will motion for you to pull forward to the flagpole while you wait for your child to come to your car.
To view the images below in a larger window, please visit our "New to Highland" section under our School Information tab at the top of this webpage.
Morning Drop Off Traffic Pattern
Afternoon Pick Up Traffic Pattern