Draft Academic Calendars for 2016 - 2017
Draft Academic Calendars for 2016 - 2017 are available for public comment. We welcome and encourage your suggestions!
The ABSS Board will consider the 2016-2017 calendars in January, with approval scheduled for February. School calendars must comply with North Carolina's school calendar law. Please take this opportunity to review the calendars and share your comments and suggestions with us.
1. The state of North Carolina will ONLY pay for the tests that the student is currently enrolled in for the 2014-2015 school year.
2. Any other test that is needed or desired to be taken will be funded by the student/parent/family.
3. Students can sign up for any AP tests they would like to take but the first two points are very important to consider and understand.
4. No money will be exchanged once the student is registered if they register for a class they are taking during the 2014-2015 school year. If there is a balance due to a student taking extra tests, then the balance will be calculated by the school and the school will report that to the student.
5. All money for AP tests will need to be given in person to Sheila Starnes in the guidance office.
6. On the AP test registration form, if the student qualifies for reduced payment, then please still check that box even if the test will be paid for by the State of North Carolina.
Any questions about AP Test Registration can be directed to Mark Gould at 336-570-6161 ext. 39603
Face-to-face will be held on February 19, 2015 from 4:30 PM until 6:00 PM.
Williams High Freshman Sam Cryan Organizes Third Annual Alamance County Youth Film Festival
The date for the 3rd
Annual Alamance County Youth Film Festival (ACYFF) will be December 13 from 2-5
PM at the historic Graham Cinema in downtown Graham, N.C. ACYFF
Director Sam Cryan also announced a call for submissions for short films (up to
10 minutes) with age categories to include Elementary, Middle School, High
School and College. All types of short films, including stop motion, live
action, cartoons, animation, and documentaries will be considered.
The deadline to submit all films is November 16th, 2014. Submissions
details and the entry form can be found online: http://appletreeproductions.weebly.com/acyff.html
or you can follow updates for the festival on Facebook;
10:00 AM - 1:00 PM 1st Annual Conference for Parents of Exceptional Children