The Learning Team
The Learning Team of the Alamance-Burlington School System is committed to ensuring that every student is provided access to high quality, rigorous, and engaging instruction. This will be accomplished through a continued focus on the Personalized Learning Model: M.I.N.E. in order to provide a Modern, Innovative and Nurturing Education for every student in ABSS.
The 2019-20 school year will be an exciting year for The Learning Team as we collaborate with all K-12 schools to provide a web of professional and student learning support through the following areas:
Regional Leads: Alicia Curtis, Lindsay Russell, Rhonda Wood
Regional Coaches: Bethany Hamilton, Charlotte Holmes, Christine Harris, Charmell Pettus, Shelly Pilversack, Sarah West
- Provides Professional Learning and Peer Coaching to all ABSS Beginning Year Teachers through a 3-year Support Plan
- Supports schools with increasing student learning outcomes through teacher clarity, positive teacher-student relationships, and other ABSS evidence-based practices aligned with the Personalized M.I.N.E. Learning Model.
ACADEMIC CORE TEAM
K-5 ELA/SS: Melanie Slack 6-12 ELA/SS: Amy Morris
K-5 Math/Science: Krista Boyd 6-12 Math/Science: Jodi Hofberg
- Curriculum Specialists support all schools with implementing the academic core during the 2019-2020 school year in order to increase student learning outcomes.
TITLE I LITERACY COACH
- Supports Title I schools who have Title I Literacy Coaches with effectively implementing balanced literacy in order to increase the percentage of students reading on grade level and increase the number of students proficient on the Reading EOG.
- Provides support to schools in order to reach their optimizing indicators using the FAM-S.
- Provides coaching to assist Interventionists and MTSS Coaches in leading tiered supports.
ADVANCED LEARNERS Program Specialist
- Provides support to assist schools with the co-teaching model and differentiated instruction in order to increase the number of AIG students meeting or exceeding growth.
- Provides support to assist high school honors courses and AP courses in order to grow all students and increase the number of students achieving a level 3 or higher on AP exams.
PERSONALIZED LEARNING COACH
- Provides support to assist schools with personalized learning and digital teaching and learning competencies in the classroom in order to increase student learning outcomes.
We are committed to support our schools in order to improve student learning outcomes across the district. We hope all ABSS educators will find the "ABSS Curriculum" website (located under staff links) helpful in meeting the individual needs of every student we serve. We have also developed a page of curriculum resources to support our students and parents at home located on the (parent/student tab and by clicking on “curriculum resources”. Please feel free to contact either myself or one of our team members if we can support you in any way!With admiration for all you do for students,Dr. Robin FinbergChief Learning Officer(336) email@example.com