Welcome to First Grade!
Room G120 blue hall
I began teaching at Elon Elementary in 1994 and haven't missed a year. This is my 27th year teaching at Elon Elementary. Every year has been teaching either Kindergarten or First Grade. I have a wonderful wife and 4 fantastic boys. I love to read to kids and for my own pleasure. I love to visit the beach and the mountains. I have a large extended family, most of which live locally, but some reaching as far out as South America and Australia. I love to eat and cook and I spend most of my spare time with my family or my church.
We are excited to be a Global School here at Elon. Our region for First Grade is Asia.
Our Instructional Assistant, Mrs. Kiser, will be working with our class this year as well.
- Order from Scholastic Book clubs when I send the orders home, I’ll send home ideas of books to buy for the room, and ordering books for your own children will earn our class points to get even more books.
- Gift Certificate to Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, Office Depot, or any stores for educational & classroom supplies
- I have a small laminator, but could use some of the laminating packets (Scotch Thermal Laminator Pouches 8 ½ x 11), can find them at Office Depot and Walmart.
- Air purifier
- iTunes cards for apps for iPads
- Wireless Mouse (Mice) & double AA & triple AAA batteries
- Printer Ink Cartridges: HP 67XXL black, HP 67 XL color
- Over the ear headphones with a wire to use with the Chromebooks and iPads
- Clorox Wipes, Paper towels, Kleenex, Gallon Zip Lock bags, small paper cups for the sink
- Febreze or air fresheners (plug in or regular solid or spray)
- Colored Copy Paper & Cardstock, white copy paper
- Skittles, plain M&M’s, Suckers, or any Individually wrapped candy for our Treat Jar
- Any small toys/surprises we can use in our Surprise Box (Happy Meal type toys are great)
- Wide Clear Tape with dispenser (2 inch or 3 inch or wider)
- Magnetix (magnet building pieces)
- Avery File Folder Labels/stickers for the Computer/Printer
Some of the Websites we will be visiting:
Imagine Math, Math Facts, and Language & Literacy