Social Media Link
* Text "@sagrads19" to 81010 to receive text messages regarding senior class events. This is for students and parents!!
Senior Class Group Picture - May 31, 2019; 8:10 am in the SAHS Gym
- GRADUATION DRESS CODE REQUIRED. See dress code below.
- Seniors will receive an order envelope when they complete the Senior Survey. Extra forms will be outside of Ms. Holt's room (C8) after May 28. (Forms also available the morning of May 31.) Money is due at the time of picture - $12 - EXACT change or check is required! There are NO makeups for this class picture.
Senior Awards Day - May 31, 2019; 8:45 am in the SAHS Auditorium
- Students should report to the SAHS Gym at 8:00am for the senior group picture FIRST.
- MUST BE IN GRADUATION DRESS CODE and wearing cap, gown & stole for this event. See dress code below.
- Parents are invited.
Graduation Special Needs Requests - May 31, 2019
Notify the school or contact Mrs. Silver at email@example.com by May 31, 2019 if you or your guests have special needs, such as:
- Wheelchair or handicapped seating available
- Sign language interpreter provided
Graduation Practice - June 14, 2019 at 10:00 am - SAHS Gym (be in your seat by 9:55am)
- If you don’t come to practice, you don’t walk...NO exceptions!
- At the end of practice, each student will receive their 7 graduation tickets. If you need more tickets, then you can stay after to be entered into the lottery for a chance to receive more tickets.
Graduation - Saturday, June 15, 2019 - 10:00 am in the Greensboro Field House
Greensboro Coliseum Complex - 1921 W. City Gate Blvd, Greensboro, 27403
- ARRIVE BY 8:45 at the very latest and look for signs for where to report.
- Admission by ticket ONLY.
- See the Greensboro Coliseum Complex list of prohibited items on their website.
GRADUATION DRESS CODE - Graduation - Saturday, June 15, 2019 - 10:00 am
LADIES: -Dress or skirt & blouse (shorter than the gown and not showing at the collar)
-White, navy, tan/nude, black ordark brown dress shoes - heels or flats
-If you wear hose, natural color only.
-NO SANDALS, FLIP FLOPS, TENNIS SHOES, OR BOOTS
MEN: -Dark dress pants – NO KHAKIS, JEANS, OR SHORTS
-White collared shirt
-Navy, black, dark brown dress shoes and dark socks
-NO SANDALS, FLIP FLOPS, TENNIS SHOES, OR BOOTS
- Cap, Gown, Stole & Tassel required...YOU SHOULD already have these items. See Mrs. East if you have issues with this.
- Do NOT decorate your cap!!! You will NOT be able to wear it if you do!! Caps should sit on the top of your head (parallel with the floor), not tilted to the side or back.
- No sunglasses!!
- Only Honor Cords allowed are:
- National Honor Society – blue and yellow
- National Technical Honor Society – grey or silver
- Academic Honors – double gold
Anyone not dressed appropriately may be pulled out of line. Do not be embarrassed by something trivial. If these requirements cause financial hardship, see one of the administrators as soon as possible!
***Fines and Obligations Due***
* All fines and obligations must be paid before graduation on June 15th. You will not be allowed to participate in the graduation ceremony with outstanding fines or financial obligations to the school.
* See the Counselor's webpage (Student Services) under Scholarship Information for all applications, information, and deadlines.
Senior Class Fee - $20 - due December 20, 2018
- Bring your payment to Mrs. Blevins in Student Services.
- This fee covers the cost of your 2019 graduation stole and senior class expenses.
Senior Picture Make-Ups - due September 14, 2018
- This will be seniors last opportunity to be in the yearbook.
- Pictures will take place during 3rd and 4th blocks only.
College Fair - due September 14, 2018
- The College Fair will take place at Elon University from 9:30 am-10:15 am.
- Students will need to sign-up to attend.
- More information will be forthcoming during morning announcements.
Homecoming - due September 28, 2018
Order Graduation Supplies - starting October 10, 2018
The Herff Jones Representative will be on campus the following dates:
- October 10, 2018: Assembly 10:15 am in the auditorium to give information and order forms for graduation supplies.
- October 17, 2018: Place your orders in the Media Center during all lunches and 3:30-5:00 pm.
- Orders can also be placed by calling 336.228.7770 or by going online at Herff Jones.
- A deposit of $80 or full payment is required. Please order before our holiday break as shipping and handling fees will increase January 1st.
- Herff Jones will be on campus Wednesday, March 27th during all lunches and for an hour after school to pass out orders in the Media Center. If you have not paid your balance, then you must pay your balance before then or be prepared to pay it on March 27th. If you have questions about your orders please contact Herff Jones at 336.228.7770. Their office is located at 1031 Chapel Hill Road, Burlington, NC 27215.
Coming Home - December 7, 2018
Cap & Gown Pictures - March 20, 2019 Sign up here!
- In the auditorium beginning at 8:10 am.
- Make your appointment the week of March 11th and receive an order form.
- Payment is due when pictures are taken.
- This is optional and will not appear in the yearbook.
- Caps and gowns will be provided for the pictures.
Prom - April 13, 2019
- Prom will be held at the Vailtree Event Center in Graham, 8:00 pm - midnight.
- Ticket information will be released in April.
- Yearbooks are $65 through October 31. On November 1, the price will increase to $85. If there are extras, the cost will be $95.
- Order yearbooks at www.yearbookforever.com.
- Senior parent Ad information went home with report cards and the senior portrait appointments. It is also available online on the yearbook page of the school website. Parents who pay for the ad by Monday, October 1 get a $25 discount. The final senior parent ad deadline is October 29 or when the space is filled, whichever comes first.