Better Business Bureau Serving Central North Carolina Donna Easter Student Ethics Awards
Description The Better Business Bureau Serving Central NC is offering four (4) awards to graduating seniors from designated NC counties who will enroll at any accredited two or four year colleges, technical colleges, or universities in the fall of 2020.
These awards can be used for room, board, books and fees only. These awards cannot be used for tuition. These awards are not renewable.
Total Awards will be $17,500
- 1 for $7,500 (sponsored by Market America - Shop.com)
- 1 for $5,000
- 2 for $2,500 each
Award recipients will be announced in May 2020.
Eligibility To be considered, a candidate must:
• Be graduating from a high school in one of the eligible areas: (Alamance County is on the list)
• Be attending any two or four-year college, technical college, or university beginning in the fall of 2020
• Be in good academic standing and show proof of community service and leadership while in high school
• Submit a 500-word essay describing how you handled an ethical dilemma you faced Application Due by 5:00pm, Friday, April 17, 2020
Apply online: Here
You will submit:
1 > entry form
2 > 500 word essay describing how you handled an ethical dilemma you faced
3 > resume demonstrating: Leadership Describe any extracurricular work or school-related activities, including awards/honors or offices held. Community Service Describe activities outside of school and within your community, such as church or special community activities. Include awards/honors or offices held. Academic Achievement Describe awards received relating to academic achievement and describe post-secondary education plans.
4> copy of your most recent transcript
You can pick up an application in your school’s counselor’s office, or you can call BBB at 336-852-4240.
See link for online application form.