To ensure a quality learning environment with regard to good manners, self-respect & respect for others, students are expected to wear ‘School Appropriate Clothing’ both during the school day and to all school-sponsored events including field trips, unless uniforms or other attire is specified.
Types of Clothing
- Must NOT reveal cleavage or undergarments!
- All shirts must come down past the waistband of pants/shorts/skirts.
- NO revealing midriffs are permitted!!
- NO more than three (3) buttons, at the neck, may be unbuttoned.
- Shirts must not be altered by cutting, tearing, writing on, or have holes.
- Sleeveless shirts will be allowed for females but they MUST be no less than a dollar bill width at the shoulder (4-finger width).
- NO Tank tops, spaghetti straps, or backless shirts!!
Dresses / Skirts/ Shorts
- Must be at or near the knee in length. (Includes dresses w/chiffon overlay)
- The tops of dresses MUST follow the same guidelines for shirts/blouses.
- Shorts and skirts must NOT be altered - NO cutting, tearing, writing on, and NO holes.
- Skirts must NOT have slits higher than the knee.
- NO short shorts and mini-skirts. (Length: At or near the knee)
- Must be worn with the waistband at or above the waist. (NO undergarments should be visible)
- Leggings/yoga pants/tights can be worn under shorts, skirts or dresses (MUST be approved length).
- NO pajamas pants!!
Coats and jackets
- Athletic shoes, sandals, or other appropriate footwear must be worn at all times.
- Shoe closures and laces must be secured or tied at all times!
- Bedroom slippers are NOT permitted.
Accessories (including hats, doo-rags, scarves and bandanas)
- Oversized coats should be placed in your locker during the school day.
- Lightweight jackets/pullovers are permitted throughout the school day.
- ALL hoods must be removed upon entering any building.
- NO headgear of any type (hats, doo-rags, scarves or bandanas) will be allowed on campus at any time.
- NO sunglasses are to be worn inside any building on campus.
- The following can be considered weapons and are NOT permitted:
- Chains, metal studs, spikes, oversized jewelry, and heavy belt buckles
Excessively tight clothing is NOT permitted.
- NO clothing and accessories with words or images that depict the following will be allowed:
- Drugs (including Hemp plant logos)
- Tobacco use
- Gang affiliation
- Sexual innuendo
- Racial/sexual degradation