Coach Shannon Lynch email@example.com
@TeachingTechEd school: 336.570.6400CP1 - Computer Programming 1 with PythonMiCS - Microsoft intro to Computer ScienceCM - Career Management
Career & Technical Education
Before finding a home at SAHS, I worked in advertising as a Graphic Designer and Creative Director, receiving my bachelor's degree in Graphic Design from Appalachian State University. While in advertising, I created package design, magazine ads, logos, product brochures, flyers, restaurant menus, book covers, websites, etc. Prior to being a teacher, I was a teacher assistant in our exceptional children's department for 8 years. Then there was an opening in the CTE department and with my background in graphic design, I was encouraged to go back to school for a year, this time at NC State, to complete my teaching licensure.
When I'm not in the classroom, you can find me helping out with FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes), Unified Champions or I'm coaching on the basketball court where I have proudly been a part of the girls' team here since 2002. Away from school, I enjoy working on my computer, freelancing and designing logos or t-shirt designs for small clients. I also appreciate my family time with my husband and 2 awesome kids. We enjoy road trips to see friends or family, visiting Boone, NC (for lunch and candy runs at the Mast General Store) or visiting the coast for some seafood or saltwater fishing. My daughter, Sarah, a recent graduate from Appalachian State, graduated from SAHS in 2014 (running track and cross country all four years). My son, MK, is a Senior here at SAHS and is involved in the FFA Forestry team and Varsity baseball.
I'm looking forward to a great semester!
DATES TO REMEMBER:
6.10.20 Last Day of 2019-2020 school year
6.13.20 Class of 2020 Graduation MOVED TO AUG. 7
9.13.19 Progress Reports
9.18.19 Teacher Workday - NO SCHOOL for students
9.19.19 Senior Parent Night in the SAHS media center
9.23-27.19 Homecoming Spirit Week
10.16.19 half day - Early Release for students
10.29.19 Teacher Workday - NO SCHOOL for students
11.5.19 Teacher Workday - NO SCHOOL for students
11.11.19 Veterans Day Holiday - NO SCHOOL
11.27-29.19 Thanksgiving Break - NO SCHOOL
12.23.19 - 1.3.20 Winter Break - NO SCHOOL
1.20.19 MLK Jr. Holiday - NO SCHOOL
1.21.19 Teacher Workday - NO SCHOOL for students
What is CTE (Career & Technical Education)?
Career and technical education gives you the chance to study fields ranging from agriculture and computer art, foods, interior design, to health and human services, to computer programming and computer science, to engineering and business. The mission of Career and Technical Education (CTE) is to empower all students to be successful citizens, workers and leaders in a global economy.
What are the benefits of CTE?
Real options for students for college and rewarding careers
- CTE programs allow students to explore a range of options for their future - inside and outside of the classroom.
- Through CTE, students can start their path toward a career that they are passionate about, while earning valuable experience, college credits and more.
- CTE students are more likely to have a post-high school plan - including college - than other students; just 2% of CTE students say they "don't know" what they will do after high school.
Real-world skills for students
- CTE is a unique opportunity for hands on learning - putting students at the center of the action.
- CTE provides the skills and confidence students need to pursue career options, discover their passions and get on a path to success.
- Students in CTE programs and their parents are three times as likely to report they are "very satisfied" with their and their children's ability to learn real-world skills as part of their current education compared to parents and students not involved in CTE.
Who can take CTE classes?
You can take CTE classes in grades 9 - 12. Talk with your high school counselor or any CTE teacher to learn about your options.