** NEW: Click the link to view my Virtual Open House video for Literacy Academy! **
Course Description: In this class, we will be working with an extremely structured, data-driven program called LANGUAGE! Live. Features of this program include the following:
- Carefully scaffolded learning progression to meet rigorous standards
- High-quality texts and instruction that promote comprehension and understanding of complex ideas
- An early emphasis on speech, language, and literacy foundational skills
- Instruction in all literacy strands; language, reading, writing, speaking, & listening
- Integration of student-centric activity and peer-to-peer technologies
- Comprehensive benchmark and progress monitoring system, including a “Power Pass” component, which mirrors high-stakes assessments
- An independent, online, leveled reading library—ReadingScape
Students will alternate between this program’s Text and Word Training modules. This will include both online and direct instruction time (ZOOM meetings), with the goal of significantly improving student reading comprehension and writing proficiency by the end of the semester. Please feel free to preview the program at the following link: http://www.voyagersopris.com/curriculum/subject/literacy/language-live
PARENTS: once your student receives his/her LANGUAGE! Live Username and Password, you may check his/her progress at any time by reviewing the “Scorecard” within the LL website.
Grades will be updated on PowerSchool every 1-2 weeks. Please make sure you have student and parent access to this portal. Check it frequently for missing assignments.
We will begin our semester online, using the CANVAS Learning Management System and Zoom video meetings. More information will be coming soon. Please check the WAHS hompage for videos and assistance on how to access these.