Car Circle Drop Off (AM) and Pick Up (PM) ProceduresAt Highland, student safety is a top priority! The guidelines we have established for morning drop off and afternoon pickup are to ensure maximum safety for ALL students. Please help us by complying with all procedures and requests given by staff members.General Guidelines:
- Please refrain from cell phone use during car circle.
- Look carefully before changing lanes to help prevent accidents.
Afternoon Pick Up:
- If you choose to park and walk your child in, you must park in a space and walk your child ACROSS the crosswalk.
- Always use crosswalks when walking students into the building.
Morning Drop Off Traffic PatternAfternoon Pick Up Traffic Pattern
- Parents may NOT walk up during dismissal to pick up their child. Between 2:20 and 3:00, pick up must be done through the car circle line.
- For safety, students must enter from the right side of the vehicle only.
- To keep our car circle moving smoothly, if you need more time to settle your child into your car, after you pick them up you may pull into the parking lot to rearrange.
- If your child is not at a colored cone and you have to wait for them, a staff member will motion for you to pull forward to the flagpole while you wait for your child to come to your car.