CCR (Success Habits) Unit Plan
For those that are teaching the PBiS/College & Career Readiness lesson plans during Focus:
All lessons are SMARTNotebook lessons. They are linked under the Faculty & Staff header on the SAM homepage. Please review the lessons BEFORE you present them during Focus. That way, I can clear up any questions or assist you as needed. Directions for each lesson are within the Smart Notebook file. If you have lessons 1-6 from years past, you do not need to download them again. They are large files so if you haven't downloaded them, leave yourself time to do so. Unit outline is here SMARTBoard screenshots
During each lesson students will need paper and pencil. All required copies for Day 1 & 2 will be made for and given to you. These lessons should be used on Thursday, September 15th and Friday, September 14. If you would like copies for the remaining lessons please see Ms. Hayes.
Please let me know what questions or concerns you have! Thanks!
Thursday 9/14 and Friday, 9/15
Focus CCR Lesson Days 1-2 Organization.notebook (same as previous years)
Separate this notebook into two lessons however your class needs. All slides should prompt teacher-led class discussion. Day 2 will have time at the end of Day 2 to organize their school materials so remind students at the end of Day 1 to bring all their school "stuff" with them the next day. In other words, students will all need their backpacks during Focus on Thursday, as the major activity of the lesson will be a reorganizing of every child’s backpack.
Focus CCR Lesson Days 3-4 Goals.notebook (same as previous years)
Separate this notebook into two lessons however your class needs but do not get to slide 15 until Tuesday when all students will have received their progress reports. All slides should prompt teacher-led class discussion. Copies of the accompanying worksheet (Slice of Life and My Last Progress Report activities) will be given to you.In your weekly communication to parents, tell them to ask about the reflection activity.
Options for Progress Report Reflection sheet that student completed on Day 4:
1- Have students staple into agenda or place in binder or tape to cubby.
2- Collect and pass back out at next progress report and report card.
* The intent is to make the goal-setting activity meaningful by encouraging students to monitor their progress towards their goals!
Focus CCR Lesson Days 5-6 Study Skills Part I.notebook (same as previous years)
Focus CCR Lesson Days 5-6 Study Skills Part II.notebook (same as previous years)
* Separate these notebook files into two days however your class needs- it's only in two parts because the files are so large. All slides should prompt teacher-led class discussion. Geometric Magic directions will be given to you. A breakdown of sections is below.
1) Succeed in class- success tips 1-10
2) Take good notes
3) Study smart
4) Be a good test taker
5) Know how to read a textbook
* All slides should prompt teacher-led class discussion. Fit in what you can. The main message is that students feel connected and can talk to at least one adult at school.