Recommended Apps for Computer and your device:
Tonal Energy Tuner ($3.99).
- Easy to use tuner and metronome for iOS and Android devices.
Staff Wars (free on computer, $0.99 for the app):
- Practice for your letter names on your computer, iOS and GooglePlay.
- http://www.themusicinteractive.com/downloads.html (computer version)
Bandmate Chromatic Tuner (FREE): Best for 6th Grade
- Available for iOS and Android Devices
- Letter Name and Key Signature Practice: http://www.musicards.net/
- Enharmonic Practice: http://quizlet.com/_2fczv1
- Rhythmic Dictation Practice: http://www.therhythmtrainer.com/
- Simple Metronome (traditional view): http://simple.bestmetronome.com/
- Modern Metronome: http://www.metronomeonline.com/
- Online tuner: http://www.leshylabs.com/apps/tuner/
- Online tone generator: http://www.szynalski.com/tone-generator/
- All-District Scale Sheets: http://www.nccdba.com/middle-school-scales.html
- This Day in Music: http://www.thisdayinmusic.com/born_today
- Jazz Backing Tracks: https://www.jazzbacks.com/collections/free-downloads
- 6th Grade Help for Assembling Instrument and Making a Sound:
- Beginning Band Boot Camp Website with videos for help assembling, making a sound, and caring for your instrument
6th Grade Letter Name Practice
- Clarinets and Trumpets http://www.musictheory.net/exercises/note/bgkyryyy
- Percussion http://www.musictheory.net/exercises/note/bfjyoyyy
- Trombones and Baritones http://www.musictheory.net/exercises/note/nkqyoyyy
- Flutes http://www.musictheory.net/exercises/note/bcoyoyyy
- French Horn http://www.musictheory.net/exercises/note/bjpyeyyy
- Practice identifying fingerings and more advanced letter name practice. Each is instrument specific.