National Technical Honor Society(NTHS)
PURPOSE OF NTHS
- To recognize and honor excellence in career and technical education.
- To encourage students to reach for higher levels of achievement, develop self-esteem and pride.
- To champion a stronger, more positive image for career and technical education in America.
- To promote critical work-place values– skill development, honesty, responsibility, service, scholarship, citizenship, and leadership.
- To help member schools and colleges build and maintain effective partnerships with local business and industry.
- To provide greater career opportunities for the NTHS membership and
- To promote educational excellence in America.
- NTHS members should be good, honest, responsible student-citizens who have made a personal commitment to excellence and who agree to uphold the NTHS Standards of Conduct found below.
- NTHS candidates must have a minimum overall unweighted GPA of 3.0.
- NTHS candidates must have completed a minimum of either 3 CTE courses at the introductory level or 2 CTE courses if one of those is a second level course.
- Candidates must also have the following:
· Active involvement in a Career Technical Student Organization (CTSO), such as DECA, FFA, FBLA, FCCLA, HOSA or Skills USA; and
· A teacher or CTSO Advisor recommendation.
- NTHS membership materials including: custom certificate, presentation folder, member pin, ID card, window decal, white tassel, official NTHS diploma seal and general letter of recommendation customized for each student's career portfolio.
- Access to the secure online career center for a period of one year after graduation.
- NTHS scholarship opportunities including the Jon H. Poteat scholarship and others through our career/technical student organization partners.
- Access to requesting specific letters of recommendation for employment, college, or scholarships for a period of one year after graduation.
- Always listed in our national registry for recruitment opportunities by top U.S colleges and corporations.
- Official commencement accessories and NTHS logo gear available for purchase
MEMBER STANDARDS OF CONDUCT:
As a member of the National technical Honor Society, members pledge to:
- Maintain the highest standard of personal and professional conduct at all times;
- Strive for excellence in all aspects of my education and employment;
- Refuse to engage in or condone activities for personal gain at the expense of my fellow students, my school, or my employer;
- Support the intents and purposes of NTHS while working to achieve the objectives and goals of the society; and
- Uphold my obligations as a citizen of my community and my country.
No application is necessary as invitations are sent to qualifying juniors and seniors in the spring prior to the annual induction ceremony.National dues are a one time $35 fee. Honor cords for graduating seniors are $5.