Maker Club and Makerspace
Maker Club is open to all students at Western Middle. Our group will meet on Wednesday afternoons from 3:30 - 5:00. Students must be picked up on time. Each month there will be a different theme to our maker club. Students can choose to work on the theme or to work on a project of their choosing.
If you are interested in participating in Maker Club, please fill out the form on the right-hand side of the page.
Please Help If You Can!As you know, our makerspace has been been up and running all year and is proving to be very popular. While we have lots of activities for the students to do, we could always use more. If you have any of the following items that you are no longer using, would you consider donating them?
You get the idea -- makerspaces thrive on stuff that can be repurposed. Any donations would be greatly appreciated!
- paper towel holders
- knitting needles and yarn (I'm thinking about starting a knitting club)
- perler beads
- loom (could be any size)
- scrapbooking supplies
- duct tape (all colors)
- washi tape
- Cardboard boxes -- not huge ones, ones that the kids can cut up for crafts
- Tacky glue
- Glitter glue
- *Embroidery floss, yarn
- *Multi-colored felt, fabric remnants and scraps
- *Containers (glass jars, small boxes, Altoid tins, etc)
- Puff paint
- Fabric markers
- Fine tipped markers
- “Grown up” coloring books (Dover always has a few inexpensive options)
- Craft sticks
- Paper plates
- cute/fancy buttons