Welcome to Foods 1!
I am very excited about working with you this semester and look forward to getting to know each student. The main goal of this course is to examine the nutritional needs of the of the individual with emphasis on the fundamental of food production, kitchen and meal management, food groups and their preparation, and time and resource management. I value this course because every topic directly applies to your life! It is not a matter of “if” you will use these skills, but “when” will you use these skills.
A course description is listed below along with a list of materials that will be needed:
This course evaluates the following:
- Relationship between food choices and health
- Methods of food preparation
- Procedures, equipment and cooking methods in food preparation
- Procedures, equipment and techniques applied to baking production
- Principles of etiquette for meal service
- Apply methods for meal planning and preparation
- One subject notebook
Also note that if you ever have any comments, questions, or concerns, please feel free to contact me by email at email@example.com .
I look forward to working with you!