Habit 7: Sharpen the Saw
(Balance Feels Best)
Principles and Concepts:
- The four dimensions (body, mind, heart, spirit)
- Overcoming obstacles
- Renewal, continuous improvement, and balance
- Common: I'm too busy today to take time for myself.
- Highly Effective: I take time for myself every day because it gives me the ability to do everything else.
- Achieve the Daily Private Victory.
Schedule your Daily Private Victory. It's a Big Rock.
Results (I live a balanced life.)
Some results I might expect from living Habit 7 at a higher level are:
- Improved capacity
- Stronger relationships
- Greater reserves
- Continuous Improvement
Books that reinforce Habit 7: Sharpen The Saw
- Owl Moon by Jane Yolan
- The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats
- Don't Let the Pigeon Stay Up Late by Mo Willems
- Henry Hikes to Fitchburg by D.B. Johnson
- Me I Am! by Jack Prelutsky
- The Mysteries of Harris Burdick by Chris Van Allsburg
- Uncle Willie and the Soup Kitchen by DyAnne DiSalvo-Ryan
- The New Kid on the Block by Jack Prelutsky
- A Light in the Attic by Shel Silverstein
- Wind in the Long Grass edited by William J. Higginson