I love Biology. That's why I spell it with a capital "B." I think Biology is an interesting subject because it includes study of living organisms and life processes. Biology lays the foundation of important disciplines like Zoology, Ecology, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Biomedical Research, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Proteomics, etc.
Why Biology is important to study for high school? Biology
- helps us get a better understanding about the world in its natural processes
- informs us about how lives evolves, survives and changes.
- provides knowledge about the interaction of cells with organs and organisms, environment and ecosystem.
- teaches how various organs and system works on human body and how everything is connected in our body.
- is an important subject for medical point of view which includes identifying disease and its cure.
Put simply - you ARE biology. By studying biology and biological systems, you will learn more about yourself and your role in the biosphere.