How to Sign Up to Become a Canvas (Parent) Observer
Steps to become an Observer (set-up is easiest from a desktop or laptop):
- Student signs in to https://my.ncedcloud.org (access under Staff Links on ABSS website).
- Click on the red Canvas icon.
- Click on Account (left menu).
- Click on Settings.
- Click on “Pair with Observer” in the bottom left corner. A code will appear.
- In another tab/window, visit https://abss.instructure.com/login/canvas.
- Click “Parent of a Canvas User” in the top right corner.
- Complete Parent Information and enter the pairing code provided in Step 5 to set up your account.
- Bookmark https://abss.instructure.com/login/canvas to log into your account at a later time. You can also download the Canvas Parent app on your phone or mobile device.
Parents can connect to more than one student under the same Observer account but will need to connect with one student at a time. Additional students can be added under Settings when logged into the Observer account. Click HERE for step-by-step instructions for adding additional students.