How to Sign Up to Become a Canvas (Parent) Observer
Steps to become an Observer (set-up is easiest from a desktop or laptop):
- Student signs in to https://my.ncedcloud.org (access under Staff Links on ABSS website).
- Click on the red Canvas icon.
- Click on Account (left menu).
- Click on Settings.
- Click on “Pair with Observer” in the bottom left corner. A code will appear.
- In another tab/window, visit https://abss.instructure.com/login/canvas.
- Click “Parent of a Canvas User” in the top right corner.
- Complete Parent Information and enter the pairing code provided in Step 5 to set up your account.
- Bookmark https://abss.instructure.com/login/canvas to log into your account at a later time. You can also download the Canvas Parent app on your phone or mobile device.
Families: Please sign up for REMIND
Get information from Mrs. Perry right on your phone—not on handouts.
Pick a way to receive messages for 7th Grade Team:
A) If you have a smartphone, get push notifications.
On your iPhone or Android phone, open your web browser and go to the following link:
Follow the instructions to sign up for Remind.
You’ll be prompted to download the mobile app.
B) If you don’t have a smartphone, get text notifications.
Text the message @kc8fk4 to the number 81010.
If you’re having trouble with 81010, try texting @kc8fk4 to (717) 327-4331.
* Standard text message rates apply.
To 81010 Message @kc8fk4
C) Don’t have a mobile phone?
Go to rmd.at/@kc8fk4 on a desktop computer to sign up for email notifications.