Recommended Supplies for Remote Learning:
- kids blue light glasses
- computer mouse for laptops
- comfy headphones
- at least 3 composition books (*when students return to school, they will need a total of 6, but may not need all to begin distance learning)
- Chromebook- all students will have the ability to be issued a school Chromebook. Please take advantage of this opportunity! Having the Chromebook will make navigating directions and troubleshooting issues much easier!
Fourth Grade Supplies 2020-2021 (when students return to school)
- Regular-Sized Backpack (no wheels)
- #2 Pencils
- 4-pack Pink Pearl Erasers
- 4-pack Glue Sticks
- 1 Pencil Bag/Pouch (no boxes please)
- 1 Pair of School Scissors (blunt ended)
- Colored Pencils and/or Crayons
- 6 Composition Notebooks (no spiral)
- 6 Plastic Pocket Folders with Prongs
Getting Started with Distance Learning
1. Please accept the invite to Google Classroom & Class Dojo as soon as possible as that is where all communication will occur. When we are back in the school building, it will be important for you to check your child's home folder and Class Dojo daily.
- Your child's invitiation to join Google Classroom will be waiting for them the first time they access Google Classroom (after August 11th). They will see our class, and a blue button to "Join" our classroom.
- If you were connected on Class Dojo last year, you will be automatically connected to our class this year when I add your student. If the email address you use to access Dojo has changed, please let me know and I will send you a new invitation. If you are new to Highland, as soon as I have your email address, I will send you an invitation to connect to your student and our class. Class Dojo is accessible through their website or app, but you may wish to download the app to receive alerts when new communication is sent.
2. You will find the link to our Zoom class in the "materials" section of Google Classroom. That is the link your child will need for all of our Zoom sessions whether it is whole group, small group, or individual.
3. Please set up a work space for your child at home that minimizes distractions and gives them access to all the supplies and materials they will need for the day. They should be fully dressed, sitting up at a table/desk, and ready to participate as they would in the classroom.
4. If your child is going to be absent from our live Zoom sessions, you will be able to access the recordings on Google Classroom. Absent students can still turn in their independent work by the due date. *Please make every effort to attend live Zoom classes. Due to the interactive nature of lessons and the opportunity to ask questions, this is how your student will receive the most beneficial learning experience.
5. Please help your child learn how to navigate Google Classroom and Zoom. We will work on them being able to independently mute/unmute themselves, turn on/off their video and click on links.