- Have your child practice writing his/her name.
- Have your child practice drawing a character and a setting to match a simple sentence. For example they could draw a house, a tree, some flowers, a sun and a person.
- Listen to your child practice counting to 100 by ones and tens. ( By the end of Kindergarten)
- Have your child practice counting forward from a certain number and stopping on another number.
- Have your child practice writing and representing by drawing objects for the numbers 1-5. This number will increase as the year progresses.
- Practice with your child identifying one number larger than another number.
- Help your child learn the sight words.
- Have your child practice writing sentences. They need to be able to write 2 complete sentences about one topic by the time they go to first grade.
August 23- Teacher Workday
September 2- Labor Day Holiday
September 18- Teacher Workday
September 23-October 4- Fall Intercession
October 7- Teacher Workday
October 11- Report Card
October 16- Early Release
November 5- Teacher Workday
November 11- Veterans Day Holiday
November 27-29- Thanksgiving Holiday
December 23-January 1- Winter Break
January 2-3- Teacher Workdays
You will be receiving a parent/teacher conference invitation by the end of the first 9 weeks grading period and again at the end of the 3rd grading period.
School starts at 7:45 and ends at 2:30. Please make sure that your child's teacher knows how your child will get home each day and if this changes, please let the teacher know or call the office. We look forward to seeing you bright and early each day.