- WOW! Into The Book uses fun online activities to teach reading strategies
- Reading Bear has great phonics practice- animated lessons and quizzes
- List of leveled books to read aloud or listen to
- Children's Books forever- two pages of books. Click to download the color copy and project on SmartBoard to do whole group read-alongs. (stories do not read to you!)
- Below are some short PowerPoint “books” to read together in the lab (each focuses on one phonemic sound) (click on title, after it downloads, open it click on slide show—view show– to get the book to play- click the mouse to change pages)
- PPT Group 1
- Take home packet of activities (use as daily homework?)
- Printable Booklets
- Guided Reading
- eBooks by subject (already leveled!)
- Story Lessons
- Online stories to read aloud, or use with ActivBoard to have kids circle certain sounds, blends, punctuation, etc. (scroll down whole page)
- S. Foresman Reading questions and online stories #1 #2 #3
- short online stories
- alphabet hunt
- word games, inferencing, cloze, and more.
- a whole page of working with words activities
- Print and make "itty-bitty" letter booklets
- ABC treasure hunt
- Lexipedia- visually webs syn/antonyms, definitions, pts. of speech, and more descriptive alternative words for any word you type in!
- ABCs and Names
- ABC/picture matching
- Blends/picture match
- ABC order
- ABC order maze
- ABC Centers
- ABCs & Rhymes
- ABC activities - click on each letter for some sorting,listening, etc.
- Jan Brett's picture/word match
- Picture Dictionary- great alone, or click the links for things to do with each letter!
- Choose press and follow or free draw and then pick the letters you want them to trace on the board.
- printable center activities (not just writing activities)
- Mini-books for each letter of the alphabet (what starts with...) and others, holiday, etc.
- Take home bags
- Story and poem starters.
- Create online thinking maps- you don't need an account if you don't plan on saving it- just click Start
Other great Kinder websites: