INVITATION TO BID
Alamance-Burlington School System School Mowing Project
The Alamance-Burlington School System is requesting sealed bids for the mowing of the following schools. Mowing Contractors are invited to bid this project as outlined in this RFP. Sealed bids will be accepted on Monday, February 20, 2023 from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM at the address listed below by the contractors that participated in the Mandatory walk through on February 7 and 8, 2023 of each site. (Electronic Bids will not be accepted.) A Bid Tab sheet will be sent to all eligible bidders on or before February 22, 2023. All terms must remain effective until June 30, 2023.
Contractors should submit an original copy of their complete proposal and (completed Bid Form) before 2PM. On Monday, February 20, 2023 in a sealed envelope or package clearly marked:
“Mowing Contract Eastern High/Woodlawn Middle - RFP”
“Mowing Contract Southern High/Southern Middle-RFP”
“Mowing Contract Graham High RFP”
“Mowing Contract Eastern High/Woodlawn Middle RFP”
“Mowing Contract South Mebane RFP”
“Mowing Contract Western High RFP”
To the following address: Alamance-Burlington School System Maintenance Department
307 Prison Camp Rd., Graham, NC 27253
Contact: Randy Smith by email at email@example.com for further information
The winning bid will be chosen on its merit consisting of cost, bidder’s reputation,references,
and the ability to meet the District’s time schedule,service after-the-fact and the best all-around
interest to the Alamance-Burlington School System. The Alamance-Burlington School Board reserves the right to reject any or all bids and to accept that bid which appears to be in the best interest of the district, even if the bid is not the lowest. The board reserves the right to waive any formalities in, or reject, any or all bids or any part of any bid. Any bid may be withdrawn prior to the scheduled time for the opening of bids. Any bid received after the time and date specified shall not be considered. The board also reserves the right to negotiate with a bidder when all bids exceed the budgeted appropriation.
Outline of Contract Contents:
• Provide mowing for the season starting March 15 and ending October 31, with a total of 34 weeks of mowing.
• Mowing and weeding of all necessary areas. Blowing of all sidewalks, walkways, entrances, and parking lots. Removal of all limbs from the mowing area every week will be put in a designated site on school property. This site will be discussed at the walkthrough.
• Leaf pick up 4 per year.
• No mowing on Sundays.
• No mowing should occur before 3:00 pm or after 7:00 pm.
• Mandatory site walks on February 7, 2023 of five sites. Walk throughs will begin at Southern High School bus parking lot @ 9:30 AM, 631 Southern High School Rd., Graham NC 27253. From there we will proceed to Graham High School, 903 Trollinger Street, Graham NC 27253; then Cummings High School, 2200 N. Mebane Street, Burlington, NC 27217. February 8, 2023 @ 9:30 AM - we will Start at South Mebane Elementary School, 600 South Third Street, Mebane, NC 27302. From there proceed to Eastern High School,4040 Mebane Rodgers Road, Mebane, NC 27302; then to Western High School, 1731 North NC 87, Elon, NC 27244.
Three of the sites will be two school combined.
Cummings High/Broadview Middle (one site)
Southern High/Southern Middle (one site)
Eastern High/Woodlawn Middle (one site)
• Mowing Contractors will only be able to bid the sites they walk. Questions will be taken by email after the walk through and answered February 9 through February 15, 2023 and answered through email to all bidders.
• All work shall not interfere with activities at the school. A list of activities will be provided to the contractor prior to the initiation of work.
• Lunsford Act/Criminal Background Checks are strictly enforced.
Scope of Work:
This project will consist of mowing school grounds as outlined in specifications given to mowing contractor at the mandatory site walk of each site.Contractor will provide all needed labor and equipment to complete mowing of each site and (4)leaf pickup in the fall season. An aerial map will be supplied at the walk through of the sight. The mowing area will be outlined on this map.
EVERYWHERE IN THIS AREA THAT GRASS GROWS NEEDS TO BE MOWED OR WEEDEATED. NO SPRAYING OF HERBICIDES.
Bidders must be able to meet the minimum insurance requirements listed below:
1. Worker’s Compensation
Part One: Worker’s Compensation
Bodily Injury by Accident $100,000 each accident
Bodily Injury by Disease $500,000 policy limit
Bodily Injury by Disease $100,000 each employee
2. Statutory Part Two: Employers Liability
General Liability $1,000,000 per occurrence
$2,000,000 policy aggregate
3. Auto Liability Combined Single Limit
Combined Single Limit $1,000,000 per accident
Uninjured Motorists $1,000,000 per accident