Before and After School Programs
Elementary Schools in the Alamance-Burlington School System may offer before and/or after school child care and enrichment services during the regular school year and during the summer. The operation of these programs is optional and the school may elect to contract with an outside agency for this service. Such contracts must be approved by the Board of Education.The Before and After School Care Enrichment Services and the After School Care and Enrichment Services programs are to be a structured balance of both academic and recreational activities, with about half of the time spent on each. The academic or enrichment services include activities that focus on critical thinking skills, language arts, mathematics, as well as providing time for homework and reading. Recreational activities include indoor and outdoor games, arts and crafts, free play and music.
Before and After Care Rates
The rates provided in the table below are standard at all programs operated by ABSS. Some sites might offer programs outside of the school system.
- The program operates daily if school is in session. Your school site may choose to open or not open on an early release day and/or teacher workday.
- After school cannot operate on an inclement weather day or open if school closes early due to inclement weather.
- After school cannot operate on a designated school holiday.
- If you choose not to use all of your allotted days you will lose them. We cannot accrue days from month to month.
Services and Costs
Do you have questions about the ABSS Before and After School programs?
- If you have a site-based question, contact the school's afterschool director
- If you have a question about rates, refunds, payments, etc, please contact ABSS Finance office
- If you have district related program questions, please contact Margo Ford