Physical Science and Chemistry
This is my 9th full year teaching at EAHS. Before becoming a science teacher, I earned a B.S. in Biology from Michigan Technological University, a Master's degree in Biology from Villanova University, and worked as a research scientist at Duke University. My research focus was studying the environmental chemistry of wetlands and streams. I earned my secondary science teaching credentials at UNCG.
I think science class should be fun and engaging, and I work really hard to incorporate lots of hands-on, interesting lessons into my curriculum. I am really excited to share my love of science with my classes again this year.
We will be using Canvas for our course page and PowerSchool for final grades this year. Both students and parents can view these pages using different logins. Updates will be sent out using Remind.
Supplies you will need every day: 3 ring binder, pencil or pen, ear buds
- Join your Canvas Class AND PowerSchool here: http://my.ncedcloud.org (need student ID # & password)
- Please bring a 3 ring binder paper, a pencil and ear buds to class every day.
- We will use Chromebooks every day, so ear buds are a necessity.
- If you would like to bring your own scientific calculator, you are welcome to, otherwise I will provide one.
Classroom Supply Wishlist
- Please join the class remind account. I will send text updates weekly about what we are working on. Remind Account information can be found for each class in the tabs at the left.
- The fastest way to find me is through email
- Join your Student's Canvas Class (as an observer) here: https://abss.instructure.com/login/canvas (directions)
- See your Student's Grades here:https://abss.powerschool.com (directions)
- Disinfecting Wipes
- Hand Sanitizer
- Paper towels