Welcome to First Grade!Mr. AgnerRoom 103First grade
This is my 24th year teaching at Elon Elementary. Every year has been teaching either Kindergarten or First Grade. I have a wonderful wife and 4 fantastic boys, 2 of which attend here at Elon. I love to read to kids and for my own pleasure. I love to visit the beach and the mountains. I have a large extended family, most of which live locally, but some reaching as far out as South America and Australia. I love to eat and cook and I spend most of my spare time with my family or my church.We are excited to be a Global School here at Elon. Our region for First Grade is Asia.Come say "Hello" at the Meet the Teacher Thursday, August 23, 2018 anywhere between 3-5:00 pm. You can find me here, and Mrs. Kirby, our Instructional Assistant, will be making an appearance too while visiting between the classes she is helping with this year.Mr. Agner and Mrs. Kirby's Class 2018-2019Our class roll has not been released yet, but will be posted soon. I will be making phone calls as well, as soon as I get the list.
Some of the Websites we will be visiting:ABC MouseXtra MathProdigy
- Help spread the word or donate to my classroom Donors Choose Project to get iPads for our classroom. Go to the website at DonorsChoose.org and search for a classroom by my name or the name of my project-- Techy Teacher in Need of Tools - 1st Grade iPads. Since it’s a personal project, the iPads will stay in my room and only be used with our classroom.
- Order from Scholastic Book clubs when I send the orders home, I’ll send home ideas of books to buy for the room, and ordering books for your own children will earn our class points to get even more books.
- Gift Certificate to Wal-Mart, Target, Nature’s Emporium, or any stores for educational supplies or Pet Stores for Fish tank supplies
- I have a small laminator, but could use some of the laminating packets (Scotch Thermal Laminator Pouches 8 ½ x 11), can find them at Office Depot and Walmart.
- A cordless rechargeable sweeper/cleaner for the rug
- A swifter
- Air purifier
- iTunes cards for apps for iPads
- Wireless Mouse (Mice)
- Memory Stick for computer with large GB capacity
- Printer Ink Cartridges: Canon 240XL black, Canon 241 XL color
- Wireless Bluetooth headphones to use with the Chromebooks and iPads
- Items to display for our class from Asia…any of the 50 countries
- Clorox Wipes, Paper towels, Kleenex, Gallon Zip Lock bags
- Febreze or air fresheners (plug in or regular solid or spray)
- Colored Copy Paper & Cardstock, white copy paper
- Skittles, plain M&M’s, Suckers, or any Individually wrapped candy for our Treat Jar
- Any small toys/surprises we can use in our Surprise Box (Happy Meal type toys are great)
- Sticky Tack or Tacky Tack or Sticky tabs to hang up class work on cinderblock
- Wide Clear Tape with dispenser (2 inch or 3 inch or wider)
- Magnetix (magnet building pieces)
- Avery File Folder Labels/stickers for the Computer/Printer