Welcome to the HMS Band Website!Mrs. Payne
Room H119Band (6th-8th)Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rising 6th Grade Information 2019-2020 School Year --> Registration form here
Director of BandsMy name is Mrs. Payne and this is my twelfth year teaching at Hawfields Middle School. I was born in Virginia, but grew up in Wake Forest, NC. I graduated UNC Greensboro with my BM in Music Education in 2006 and with my MM in Music Education August of 2013. I am primarily a saxophone player, but also can be seen performing on flute. I live in Burlington with my 9 year old son, Aiden, my 1 year old, Aaron, and my husband, Ron (a former band director). I love teaching and learning about music!
Band Handbook 2018-2019:
- 6th Grade: 6th Grade Band Handbook 2018-2019
- 7th/8th Grade AND 8th Drumline: 7th and 8th Grade Band Handbook 2018-2019
- 6th Grade First Concert: 11/15/2018 (attire below) Arrive by 6:30pm. Concert 7-7:30pm.
- Burlington Christmas Parade: 11/17/2018 from 9am-12pm (attire = black hoodie and jeans)
- Winter Concert: 12/12/2018 (attire below) Arrive by 6:30pm. Concert 7-8pm.
- Spring Concert: 5/21/2018 (attire below) Arrive by 6:30pm. Concert 7-8pm.
- Ladies- white blouse and black dress pants/skirt OR a solid black dress and dress shoes,
- Gentlemen- white button up dress shirt with a tie, black dress pants with black dress shoes.
If you have any problems acquiring any of the items, please see Mrs. Payne and we will help you acquire these materials at least a week before a concert.