Hawfields Middle School BandMrs. Payne
Room H119Band (6th-8th)Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Zoom Conference Links for Remote Learning 2020 - Week 1
(Please note that you will need to be signed into your student Google account in order to gain access. Click on the underlined link for your class.)
**During remote learning, all student assignments will be delivered through the learning management system Canvas. Your teachers will explain how this will work during the first few Zoom Meetings. Students can access Canvas through the ABSS Clever Portal.** Parents/Guardians are encouraged to download the Canvas Parent Application on their smart device for full access to your child's learning. You can find a Canvas Parent App guide here. (Spanish versions)** If you are using your personal computer, you may need to download the zoom application. You will be prompted to do so when you try to join a meeting for the first time. Here is what it may look like.
- 9:30-9:50am: 7A Band
- 10:00-10:20am: 7B Band
- 10:30-10:50am: 8A Band
- 11:00-11:20am: 8B Band
- 1:00-1:20pm: 6A Band (flutes and clarinets)
- 1:30-1:50pm: 6B Band (trumpets and trombones)
- 2:00-2:45pm: 6th Grade Band Lab
- Each instrument comes once a week during this time.
- Flutes on Monday, Clarinets on Tuesday, Trumpets on Wednesday and Trombones on Thursday.
- Fridays can be reserved for extra help by emailing Mrs. Payne at email@example.com
Rising 6th Grade Band Member Info 2020-2021:
- Frequently Asked Questions about Band --> here
- If you would like to join, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of BandsMy name is Mrs. Jennifer Payne and this is my 15th year teaching at Hawfields Middle School. I was born in Virginia, but grew up in Wake Forest, NC. I graduated UNC Greensboro with my BM in Music Education in 2006 and with my MM in Music Education August of 2013. I am primarily a saxophone player, but also can be seen performing on flute. I live in Burlington with my 10 year old son, Aiden, my 2 year old, Aaron, and my husband, Ron (a former band director). I love teaching and learning about music!
Band Handbooks 2019-2020:
2020-2021 TBA due to Covid-19
- 6th Grade Handbook: 6th Handbook
- 7th/8th Grade Band Handbook: 7th/8th Handbook
- Full Band Calendar: Calendar (all grades information is included, this will be updated as needed)
Concert Attire: Dates TBA
- Ladies: white blouse and black dress pants/skirt OR a solid black dress and dress shoes,
- Gentlemen: white button up dress shirt with a tie, black dress pants with black dress shoes.
If you have any problems acquiring any of the items, please see Mrs. Payne and we will help you acquire these materials at least a week before a concert.