Students at Elon Elementary will be well prepared for the next steps in their education career as 21st century learners, responsible citizens and productive members of a global society.
We will reach our vision by providing a safe, 21st century learning environment that reflects and supports our global society through:
- Rigorous instruction that integrates and capitalizes on technology
- Engagement that utilizes differentiated approaches
- Achievement in core content areas and in the arts
- Community involvement capitalizing on local culture
- Highly Qualified instructional staff who embraces the vision.
ABSS Standards Based Grading
We believe in the uniqueness of all learners. Therefore, standards-based grading in ABSS focuses on the individual learner with the goal of mastering content standards over a period of time. This practice supports evidence-based differentiated instruction, aligned to the standards, while promoting student ownership of mastery learning.