Here are some helpful links for reviewing grade level skills to stay sharp over the summer-- or just for fun!
- Great stuff for summer science fun!
- Great reading practice http://iwanttoread.org/
- Reading and Math at home and online
- Keep Skills Sharp
- Math word problems- any grade
- At home learning activities by grade level
- Bright Ideas for Summer Fun!
- What to do this summer to keep skills sharp!
- Click child's grade level and uncheck the square in the box next to it to practice skills in math, reading, language and more!
- Free (or almost free!) summer activities to keep learning.
- Online stories, activities, and a monthly calender of literacy-building ideas.
- Create something cool at Kerpoof! (make animated cards, stories, movies and more!)
- Summer crafts and coloring
- Make art or play art games
- Online summer fun! (games, puzzles, coloring)
- Summer Reading Buzz
- Poetry for Kids lets you read, listen to, and create funny poems.
- An article about how to add education to the summer vacation!
- How to help your child in (math, homework, etc)....series"
- Literacy activities for Kindergarten-1st grade.
- Literacy activities for 1st-2nd grade.
- Literacy activities for 2nd-3rd grade.
- Read, Write, and Think summer activities
- Math games for all grades.
- Math Mysteries students read and solve online!
- Math brain teasers 3rd-5th grades.
- Whole family math challenges.
- Math Practice any grade- choose a skill.
- Fun and games at Fun Attic.
- Summer reading lists and book-tivities by grade level.
- GET OFF THE COMPUTER AND GO OUTSIDE! (try some of these outdoor activities!)
- Play outside!
- Have fun with some fish in the "KIDS' TANK" section of the N.C. Aquarium.
- Get ready for next year with some at home skill builders
- Stay sharp this summer with these Summer
- Skills Activities!
- Printable books and worksheets to use at home!
- Learning Beyond the Classroom has podcasts, videos,
- and activities for learning and exploring over the summer.
- Try the Summer Reading Challenge
- Some math games that help build confidence
- Study Island is a great way to review skills.
Summer Camp Info.
Student Activity Page
Summer skills practice activities
Summer Fun Stuff
Keep skills sharp!
Battle of the Books List
Daily Reading Activity Calendar
Bring Science Home! (fun science activities to do at home)