Good evening Hawfields families. It is hard to believe that our school year is coming to an end. I want to thank everyone for your continued support throughout the year and I wish each of you a fun-filled summer break from school. The last few days are quite busy beginning with our field day and PBIS reward day during the school day tomorrow. If your child owes library books/fines, textbooks and/or cafeteria fees, the accounts need to be taken care of before field day begins. Your child has been given several notices if he/she owes any money for anything, so please ask your child if there are any outstanding accounts. I also want to invite you to attend the events that involve your children. The athletic banquet is Wednesday evening at 6:00. We will be recognizing the accomplishments of our student athletes. On Thursday evening, we will be presenting our 8th grade academic achievements for this school year, as well as the 3-year academic awards. This program begins at 7:00. You must have a ticket to attend this program. On Friday, we will have our end-of-the awards programs for our 7th grade at 9:00 and 6th grade at 10:30. Please note that we have a 2-hour early release on Friday. Students will be dismissed at 1:25. Once again, have a safe summer and we will see you soon.
Good evening Hawfields' families. I want to remind everyone that end-of-grade tests begin for students tomorrow morning.
- Once again, we will be collecting cell phones and all other electronic devices before testing begins and returning them to students after testing has been completed. If you or your child do not want your child's phone collected by his/her teacher, the phone should be left at home on Wed. and Thurs. If a child is caught with an electronic device, they will have to be removed from testing and will have to take a different test on a separate day.
- As before all major testing, please make sure your child gets to bed early, eats a good breakfast and arrives on time.
- No students are allowed to enter the testing room after testing begins so it is important that all students arrive by 8:10.
- If a student leaves early, he/she will have to take the entire test over on a separate day, so please do not check your child out early on these days.
05.12.2013 -Good evening Hawfields' families. I hope everyone has had a great weekend.
- I want to thank my band and chorus students who did a great job representing Hawfields at Carowinds yesterday. I have gotten excellent reports from those who attended the event.
- Our Academic Boosters are currently seeking parents for the offices of President, Vice-President, and Secretary/Treasurer. If you are interested, please email your name and phone number along with the position in which your interested to email@example.com no later than Tuesday morning. Voting will be held on May 16th prior to the band concert and again on May 23rd prior to the choral concert. If you are unable to attend, please contact the boosters at the above email address for a ballot.
05.05.2013 -Good afternoon Hawfields' families.
- I would like to invite everyone to a presentation by our superintendent, Dr. Cox, of the budget proposal for next school year. She will be speaking tomorrow night at 6:00 in the Southern Middle School media center. Everyone is welcome to attend.
- Also, our athletic boosters will be meeting tomorrow night at 5:30 in our media center. If you are a member or would like to be a member of our athletic boosters, please plan to attend this meeting.
- Parents, we have accumulated an abundance of lost and found items. If your child has lost any items this semester, please encourage your child to check our lost and found, or you are welcome to come check the lost and found to see if you can locate your child's missing items. We will be making another donation of unclaimed items to our local charities next week.
- Our end of grade testing will begin on May 22nd. We are in need of proctors for May 22nd, May 23rd, May 29th, and May 30th. If you are able to help any or all of these dates, please let us know. You can either call the school or submit the form located on our webpage.
04.14.13 -Good afternoon Hawfields’ families.
- I hope everyone received the report cards that were sent home this week along with the information letter that outlined some of the state testing changes and the many events that are on our calendar for the remainder of the year.
- One event that was not on the calendar that I would like to let you know about is our Athletic Boosters meeting tomorrow night at 6:00 in our media center. You are welcome to join our boosters and we hope you are able to attend.
- Also, just a reminder that we do have an early release day this Wednesday. We will be dismissing students at 12:25.
- We also have our academic awards programs this Wednesday. The 7th grade program will begin at 8:30, the 8th grade program will begin at 9:45 and the 6th grade program will begin at 11:30. We will recognize A and A/B honor roll students as well as other team and teacher awards. We hope you are able to join us for the awards programs.
Good afternoon Hawfields families. Please remember that Monday is a teacher workday and our teachers will be involved in staff development all day. I also want to remind all parents that our student planners are an effective method of communication between school and home. Students should be writing their homework in the planners and parents can see how many signatures and stamps their child has received. I want to thank you for your continued support.
Good afternoon Hawfields' families. I wanted to inform you that we conducted an emergency drill this afternoon. The drill enabled us to identify how our students and staff would react in an emergency situation. We feel that the drill was successful and we will use the information we gathered to improve our response in the event that we have to implement the plan in a real situation. If you have questions, feel free to talk to an administrator or counselor. Thank you for your support and have a great weekend.
Good evening Hawfields families. I want to wish each of you a Happy New Year! I hope everyone is relaxed and has had a great winter break. I want to remind everyone that school will resume on Wednesday, January 2nd. I have been told that one of the local papers printed the incorrect date for students to return and I want to clarify that students and teachers will return on Wednesday. Once again Happy New Year and thank you for your continued support.
Hawfields Academic Boosters is sponsoring a raffle. Tickets are $1 each. You have your choice to win an iPad 16GB – 3rdGeneration, a $250 WalMart Gift Card, a Home Safety Kit from Walter Kidde OR $200 in Restaurant Gift Cards. Your child can get a ticket request letter from his or her teacher or you can contact HAB at HMSHAB@yahoo.com. Money raised will be used to purchase items needed in the classrooms. Tickets and or money is to be turned in no later than Friday, December 14th. Drawing will be held on Thursday, December 20th. Thanks in advance for your support.
12.2.12 -Good evening Hawfields families.
- Our basketball teams will begin their season with a game at Broadview Middle on Tuesday and our first home game against Graham on Thursday. Games begin at 4:15. Students can stay after school and go to our gym at dismissal. Admission is $3.
- We will also be selling yearbooks at school this week during lunch on Tues., Wed., and Thurs. The cost for the yearbook ordered at school is $37, including tax. Please send your check made payable to Hawfields Middle or have the exact amount of cash. Yearbooks can still be purchased online, as well for $35 plus tax until Dec. 14th. After the 14th, the price will go up to $40 plus tax.
- 8th grade parents…information regarding placing 8th grade ads in the yearbook will be sent home this week.
- Parents, we are beginning to have a safety concern during dismissal. Please do not park behind our loading dock or behind the tress at the back of our parking lot. All car riders need to be picked up in our car rider line or parents should park and come to pick up your child.