NC Read to Achieve at a Glance
It applies to all schools at the beginning of the 2013-2014 school year.
The State Goal (115C-83.1A)
The goal of the State is to ensure that every student read at or above grade level at the end of third grade and continue to progress in reading proficiency so that he or she can read, comprehend, integrate, and apply complex text when needed for secondary education and career success.
The 7 Components of Read to Achieve
1. Developmental Screening in Kindergarten Entry Assessment (KEA)
2. Elimination of Social Promotion
3. Successful Reading Development for Retained Students
4. Parent/Guardian Notification
5. Accountability Measures
6. Comprehensive Reading Plan
7. Facilitating Early Grade Reading Proficiency