CTEC HOSA 2018-2019
Greetings health science students! We would like to tell you about an opportunity that you could be involved in since you are a future health care worker that would benefit you in many ways! We are talking about HOSA, Health Occupations Students of America. This is an organization specifically for the individual that seeks to be in health care.
HOSA can help the student:
- Develop leadership qualities
- Build self-confidence and motivation
- Strengthen academic skills
- Create social networks
- Participate in community service activities
- Expand communication and teamwork skills
- Develop workplace readiness skills and,
- Understand current healthcare issues
HOSA members have opportunities to:
- Attend competitive events
- Apply for HOSA scholarships and recognitions
- Travel to regional, state and national conferences
- Serve as a local, regional, state and national officer
- Build their resume
- Collaborate with health professionals
- Seek internships in the Office of the Surgeon General and others
Here at CTEC, we have had to be very creative with implementing this organization. We want to be able to include 2nd semester students in this opportunity, even though the will not physically be on campus until January. We will have a google classroom set up for HOSA students to communicate any pertinent information. They would also be able to participate in district competition in November if he/she chooses. We will have scheduled meetings that will be recorded for the student who is not able to attend. We would like as much participation and feedback as possible this year to provide the best opportunity for each student!
HOSA dues are $25 and are due by September 30th
We have planned dates and times for meetings:
September 21st at 8 a.m. February 8th at 8 a.m
Fall- October 12th at 2:50 Spring- March 1st at 2:50
November 9th at 8 a.m. April 12th at 8 a.m.
If you have any further questions, you may contact us at 336-570-6092.
We look forward to having another great year with HOSA!
Sincerely, CTEC Health Science teachers