Mrs. Leah BassRoom E1English II CP & Honors
Email: email@example.comWAHS Phone: (336) 538-6020
Welcome to my Teacher Webpage. I am excited to be teaching English II this school year! My past experience includes teaching Literacy Academy, English I, and AP English Language and Composition, as well as 8th grade Language Arts at Woodlawn and Western Middle Schools. I grew up in Alamance County and graduated from WAHS. Once a Warrior, always a Warrior! I earned my degree in Journalism from UNC-Chapel Hill (Go HEELS!!) and prepared for my licensure in English/Language Arts and Social Studies at Greensboro College. As we begin our 2021-22 courses with a return to in-person learning, I look forward to meeting each of you face-to-face!
English II Course Description:
English II is a World Literature course. Students will continue to build upon reading, writing, language, speaking & listening skills learned in English I. Materials will include text selections by classical and contemporary authors from around the world. The North Carolina English II End-of-Course test will be administered at the conclusion of this course and counts as 20% of the final course grade.
Supplies you will need for English II:
- Chromebook (We are 1-to-1 with technology this year!)
- A spiral composition book with pockets OR a small binder with pockets
- Pencils, pens
- Post-its or sticky notes
Important Communication Reminders:
- Parents: please complete this Student Information Form as soon as possible.
- The CANVAS learning platform is where assignments and activities will be posted. Students will access this through their NCEdCloud account. (Parents: click this link to sign up to be an "Observer" on our Canvas course.)
- Grades will be updated in POWERSCHOOL every 2 weeks. It is YOUR responsibility to turn in MISSING WORK! (Parents: contact Tracy Woodward, Data Manager, if you need help accessing the PowerSchool Parent Portal.)
- Please check our Canvas Announcement page, your school GMAIL, and the WAHS homepage frequently for updates and information throughout the semester.
- My school email is: firstname.lastname@example.org I will do my best to respond to you within 24 hours. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns!
Sign up for class REMIND messages! Choose the link below, based on your class & block. If you already have the Remind app on your phone, text the class code to the number 81010. Follow the link to sign up for text message reminders - both students and parents are encouraged to do this. Students, make sure to enter your school Gmail account and first and last name; parents, enter your name & note your student's name in parenthesis. Example: Leah Bass (Maddie's mom). Thanks!
Block 1 - English II (Spring 2022): https://www.remind.com/join/b1spring22 Code: @b1spring22
- Block 2 - English II (Spring 2022): https://www.remind.com/join/b2spr22 Code: @b2spr22
- Block 3 - English II Honors (Spring 2022): https://www.remind.com/join/b3spring2 Code: @b3spring2