Welcome to 8th grade scienceMrs. Rickard
Hello!I am excited to be teaching 8th grade science. You may see my name as Amy Rickard on your schedule. Amy is my first name, but I use my middle name on website and email, and that's the name I'm called by.Click here for my Back to School Welcome Video.See the attached file for a copy of the powerpoint presentation. Back to School PresentationPlease see the attached file for a copy of my parent/student welcome letter. Welcome LetterSince our classes will meet on Zoom, I have included a copy of expectations for Zoom here. Please review these with your student. Zoom ExpectationsSupplies for class that you will need are simple:Binder (2 inch is great)Notebook paperPencil and penTab DividersOnce we get back to school, I will ask you to have other supplies like glue sticks, sticky notes, and highlighters.Please feel free to email me any questions that you have.Please check Canvas for assignments, updates, and other information.If you would like join my Remind, please text @g263a3c to 81010. Please let me know if you are a student or parent.I will update parents on a regular basis through Remind.
If you get an error logging in to zoom on Thursday, please use these directions to fix the problem.how to fix the "Internal Only" error. Here's how to do it:
- If you get this error message, click the X in the top-right corner of the white box. This will close the error window.
- In the Zoom window that is still open, click the Sign in with Google link in the right column.
- In the window that pops up
- It should show your school Google account. If it does, click on it and click Sign In (or OK, or whatever the blue button says).
- If it gives you a box to type in your email address, type in your whole ABSS Gmail address, including the @students.abss.k12.nc.us. You must type this exactly correct.
- Enter your ABSS Gmail password.
- Click Sign In (or OK, or whatever the blue button says).
- IF IT SAYS YOUR PASSWORD IS INCORRECT, carefully check your email address. Make sure every single letter is correct.
- If it asks you to create your Zoom account using your Google login, say yes. If it doesn't ask this, that's ok.
- You should get a message saying that you're now logged in to Zoom.
- Leave Zoom open and click back on your teacher's webpage.
- Click on the link for the Zoom meeting again. It should take you back to Zoom and let you into the meeting.