Mrs. Kim D. Davis Career Development Coordinator
Welcome to Career Development at Graham High School!!
This is my 5th year at Graham High School (if you don't count the four years I spent here as a student "back in the day"!!). It's my 7th year as a Career Development Coordinator. I grew up in Graham and still live in Alamance County. I earned my BS in Business Administration from UNC Greensboro. I enjoyed a successful industrial sales career followed by six years with the NC Department of Labor as an Apprenticeship Consultant. Working with Youth Apprentices and partnering with the various stakeholders in the process was very rewarding for me. So, I went back to school (this time at NC State) and earned my teaching credentials for Business and Marketing. I also earned my National Board Certification and then my license as a Career Development Coordinator. Now I am here at Graham High to work with you!!
Among other things...
- I am responsible for coordinating career development for all students at Graham High School.
- Also, for establishing and maintaining business/education partnerships that support our school system's mission and Graham High School's School Improvement Plan.
- I serve all students by building connections with our school staff, business/industry representatives, postsecondary educational personnel, parents, military, civic, and community organizations. I facilitate those connections with the goal to benefit our students as well as all stakeholders.
- I work collaboratively with school staff and coordinate support services from and ABSS the business community.
- I facilitate student transition from school to career in a variety of ways - Job Shadowing and Internships being two significant experiences. I teach employability skills such as "Dress for Success" and resume writing.
Come see me and let me help you with your Career Planning!! We can map it out together!!
Find me in "L" Building. Come in the door. Walk directly down the hall ahead of you. My office is the last door on the left.