Welcome back to another year at Sylvan!
My name is Mark Gould, and this is my third year as principal at Sylvan. It has been a pleasure to get to you know you and help lead this school to academic success! With excellent teachers and staff, a supportive community, and students and families that want the best education possible, we have made great strides in reaching our goals for all students!There are many new changes and future directions that Sylvan will be part of in the next year or two, and I wanted to take the chance to highlight some of them for you!
In an effort to better communicate to you, parents, students, and community, I will have a monthly blog that you will be able to find on the website with continuous information regarding many of the items listed above. We understand at Sylvan that everyone is busy and that life gets in the way of coming to every event at school. With that in mind, reaching out to our parents and community will hopefully assist in keeping everyone informed on what great things are happening at Sylvan Elementary this year and beyond!Thank you for visiting our website, and thank you for supporting our school!If you ever have any questions, then please call, write, or come by and say hello!SincerelyMark GouldPrincipalSchool Phone - 336-376-3350 x39201
- 1 to 1 Laptop access for every single student K - 5!!
- Standards Based Grading for better and more specific feedback to our students to grow their academic abilities even more!
- Winning the A+ Arts Grant from the state of North Carolina to become a school with an Arts Infused curriculum!
- Continuing to build our extracurricular clubs and additional academic help options (Running Club, Sign Language Club, Homework Club, Math Club, Reading Club, Battle of the Books, and Science Olympiad)
- Finally, continuing to grow our professional practice in all areas of instruction as a faculty to better serve our community of students!!