Welcome back to another year at Sylvan!
My name is Mark Gould, and this is my fourth year as principal at Sylvan. It has been a pleasure to meet and serve this community while helping to lead our wonderful school to academic success! With excellent teachers and staff, a supportive community, and engaged students striving together towards the best education possible, we continue to reach high goals for all students!There are many changes that Sylvan has been making for the last three years, and I wanted to take the chance to highlight some of them for you!
In an effort to better communicate to you, parents, students, and community, we publish information through a variety of channels. We frequently share information via Twitter, Class Dojo, ConnectEd calls, and of course on our website. We understand everyone is busy and know life can get in the way of coming to every event at school. With that in mind, we reach out to our parents and community as far in advance as possible to assist everyone in planning for the great things happening at Sylvan Elementary this year.Thank you for visiting our website, and thank you for supporting our school!If you ever have any questions, then please call, write, or come by and say hello!SincerelyMark GouldPrincipalSchool Phone - 336-376-3350 x39201
- 1 to 1 Laptop/iPad access for every single student K - 5!!
- Standards Based Grading for better and more specific feedback to our students to grow their academic abilities even more!
- Becoming an A+ school with an Arts Infused curriculum, with added Dance/Drama class, and orchestra!
- Continuing to build our extracurricular clubs and additional academic help options (Arts Club, Battle of the Books, and Science Olympiad, etc.)
- Finally, continuing to grow our professional practice in all areas of instruction as a faculty to better serve our community of students!!