Welcome to your School Social Worker's Webpage
Schedule: South Mebane Monday, Thursday and Friday after 12:00pm
EM Yoder: Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday before 12:00pm
This is my first year at South Mebane Elementary School, and my 10th year as a School Social Worker with ABSS.
I graduated from UNC-G with a Bachelors in Psychology in 2006 and I obtained my Masters in Social Work from UNC-G/NC A&T in 2008.
I have a 9 year old daughter, who keeps me busy outside of work. I enjoy painting, music and watching sports(Go Heels!) during my down time.
Services for students:
- Assessment of social/emotional needs
- Developing intervention strategies to increase academic success such as increased attendance
- Providing crisis intervention
- Assisting the student in developing appropriate social interaction skills
- Counseling (individual and group)
Services to families:
- Providing Triple P-Positive Parenting Program Sessions for parents who seek support with various parenting skills
- Conducting home visits and interviewing families to assess problems affecting the child’s educational progress
- Working with parents to facilitate their support in their child’s educational experience and/or adjustment to school
- Alleviating family stress (domestic violence, financial strain, etc.) to enable the child to function more effectively in school and the community
- Assisting parents in accessing programs available to students with special needs
- Assisting parents in accessing and utilizing school and community resource
Please let me know if I can be of assistance to you and/or your child during the 2018-2019 school year. I can be reached by phone 336-438-4000 x 32006 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am excited to work with you and your children this school year as we prepare to
USEFUL LINKS FOR PARENTS
ATTENDANCE WORKS-ADVANCING STUDENT SUCCESS
TRIPLE P-POSITIVE PARENTING PROGRAM
ABSS SCHOOL SOCIAL WORKER WEB PAGE
ABSS STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES WEB PAGE
NC SCHOOL SOCIAL WORKERS ASSOCATION
SCHOOL SOCIAL WORKERS ASSOCIATION OF AMERICA