Grade 6 - Social Studies
Message to Students
Welcome to Sixth Grade Social Studies!
Across North Carolina, sixth graders just like you are learning about the Ancient World - from the dawn of human history, past the unbreakable warriors of Sparta, and beyond the ravages of the Black Plague!
We will journey together through all of this and more to discover what life was like among different historical civilizations, discuss how advances in technology and ideas shaped their cultures, and hopefully understand how we have adapted from the people of our past to create the nation we live in today!
*Listed below is the 6th Grade schedule for Plan C (VIRTUAL LEARNING). Once we return the school, I will update the schedule to either Plan A or Plan B.*
All classes being held virtually will meet using the following zoom links:
Core 1: 8:30 - 9:25 Core 1 Zoom
Core 2: 9:30 - 10:25 Core 2 Zoom
Core 3: 10:30 - 11:25 Core 3 Zoom
Lunch: 11:30 - 11:55
Core 4: 12:00 - 12:55 Core 4 Zoom
Encore 1: 1:00 - 1:20
Encore 2: 1:30 - 1:50
Intervention: 2:00 - 2:45
PLC/ Virtual Feedback to Students: 2:45 - 3:30
Due to new security measures, students may have to log in through the CLEVER Portal and access my Canvas to get into my Zoom meetings.
- Classroom Hours: 8:00 - 4:00
- Contact Me:
- Access the Team Grit Remind App (Details Coming Soon!)
- Be respectful of the teacher (ME!)
- Be respectful of your fellow scholars
- Remain muted unless you are asked to unmute
- Stay focused during the lesson and while working on your classwork
- Ask questions if you need to!!
*You will be expected to complete a bellwork assignment each day. This will count toward your attendance and overall grade*
- Learning Modules: Access to course learning materials
- Canvas Student Guides (Links to an external site.): Answers to frequently asked Canvas questions
- We will be following the North Carolina Essential Standards for Grade 6 Social Studies.