Social Media Link
* Be sure to follow @sahs_2020 for important updates and reminders throughout the coming year!
* This year we are also using the Band app for all groups. Our group is called “sagrads20”
Senior Class Fee - $20 - ARE PAST DUE if you have not already paid
- Bring your payment to Mrs. Blevins in Student Services ASAP. (make check payable to SAHS)
- This fee covers the cost of your 2020 graduation stole (required) and senior class expenses.
Cap & Gown Pictures - Monday May 18, 2020 (11am-1pm) and Wednesday May 20, 2020 (4-6pm)
- This is a drive-up event.
- No money is needed. Proofs will be mailed home to parents with the option to purchase.
- The driving route is for students to enter into the Ag Shop entrance and follow the cones to photographers - when they pull up to the photographers, (with Cap and Gown on) get out of the car and proceed to the designated location. After pictures, students will get back into their car and exit the A/B parking lot. We would like everyone to have their picture taken, even if you do not want to purchase them, because our photographer can create a class photo from these pictures.
- If you have any questions, please contact the office between 7:30 and 3:30 or contact Mrs. East.
Awards Day and the ESPYs - May 29, 2020
- Virtual - watch for an announcement on the school home page, Twitter and on Band to find out how you can view it
Graduation Special Needs Requests - May 31, 2020
Notify the school or contact Mrs. Napolitano (at firstname.lastname@example.org) by May 31, 2020 if you or your guests have special needs, such as:
- Wheelchair or handicapped seating
- Sign language interpreter
Graduation Practice - to be determined
- Participation is REQUIRED to graduate. If you don’t come to practice, you don’t walk...NO exceptions!
- School dress code required, not Graduation Dress Code.
- Admission tickets to Graduation will be given to students at practice. We don’t know how many each graduate will receive - depends on the social distancing rules set by our Governor.
Graduation - Saturday, August 7, 2020 - 9:00 am in the Greensboro Field House
Greensboro Coliseum Complex - 1921 W. City Gate Blvd, Greensboro, 27403
- Admission by ticket ONLY.
- GRADUATES ARRIVE BY 7:45 am - 8:00 am and report to West Wing B (the building across from the Field House - same building as last year, just a different room). Security will check you in before you go into the room (only bring your keys/phones because you will NOT go back into that room after graduation).
- See the Greensboro Coliseum Complex list of prohibited items on their website.
GRADUATION DRESS CODE - Graduation - August 7, 2020 - 9:00 am
LADIES: -Dress or skirt & blouse (shorter than the gown and not showing at the collar)
-White, navy, tan/nude, black or dark brown dress shoes - heels or flats
-If you wear hose, natural color only.
-NO SANDALS, FLIP FLOPS, TENNIS SHOES, OR BOOTS
MEN: -Dark dress pants – NO KHAKIS, JEANS, OR SHORTS
-Navy, black, dark brown dress shoes and dark socks
-NO SANDALS, FLIP FLOPS, TENNIS SHOES, OR BOOTS
GRADUATION CAPS: Caps should sit on the top of your head (parallel with the floor), not tilted to the side or back. Do NOT decorate your cap!!! You will NOT be able to wear it if you do!!
GRADUATION STOLES: The 2020 white and red stole is REQUIRED for all graduates. (pay the $20 Senior Class Fee to receive yours)
- No sunglasses!!
- Only Honor Cords allowed are:
- National Honor Society – blue and yellow
- National Technical Honor Society – grey or silver
- Academic Honors – double gold
Anyone not dressed appropriately may be pulled out of line. Do not be embarrassed by something trivial. If these requirements cause financial hardship, see one of the administrators as soon as possible!
***Fines and Obligations Due***
* All fines and obligations must be paid before graduation on June 15th. You will not be allowed to participate in the graduation ceremony with outstanding fines or financial obligations to the school.
* See the Counselor's webpage (Student Services) under Scholarship Information for all applications, information, and deadlines.
Senior Picture Make-Ups - September 13, 2019
- This will be the seniors last opportunity to be in the yearbook.
College Fair - September 16, 2019
- The College Fair will take place at Elon University from 9:30 am-10:15 am.
- Students will need to sign-up to attend.
- More information will be forthcoming during morning announcements.
Homecoming - September 27, 2019 at 7:30 pm
Order Your Graduation Supplies
The Herff Jones representative will be on school campus on the following dates:
- October 10, 2019: Assembly at 10:15 am in the auditorium to give information and order forms for graduation supplies. Extra forms will be available in the front office or outside of Mrs. East’s room, C-3, if you aren’t on campus for this meeting.
- October 15, 2019: Place your orders in the Media Center during all lunches and after school from 3:30-5:00 pm.
- Orders can also be placed by calling 336.228.7770 or by going online at Herff Jones.
- A deposit of $80 or full payment is required. Please order before our holiday break as shipping and handling fees will increase on January 1st.
Yearbooks are now $70 from September 2-October 31. After October 31, yearbooks will be $90. If there are extras, the cost will be $100. Senior parent ad information went home the first week of school. It is also available online on the yearbook page of the website. Parents who pay for the ad by Tuesday, October 1 will receive a $25 discount. The final senior parent ad deadline is October 25 or when the space is filled, whichever comes first.