8th Grade Social Studies: U.S. History
Message to Students
Welcome to Mr. Tang's class Canvas! I will keep this home page updated with information about class happenings, announcements, and other news.
I look forward to being your teacher, and I hope you're as excited as I am about the school year ahead School has certainly looked different since the spring of 2020, and I am thrilled to have a class full of students for in-person learning.
Social Studies and History have always been my favorite subjects, and my goal is to share that passion with you. Please know that I am committing to providing you with high-quality instruction, and I look forward to the rest of the year together.
- Daily student schedule: Click here for a copy of the student schedule.
- Office hours: I am available for parent contact/conferencing during my daily planning period from 10:45 to 11:30 each morning. Please call ahead or email to schedule a time.
- Getting Help: You may email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or text at (336) 446-9874. Please remember that I will be teaching during regular class hours, but I will generally respond to you as soon as I am available. I will respond to emails or messages received after hours as soon as possible.
- School Updates: Turrentine Middle administration will post and send out updates on a regular basis. These will also be posted on the school website.
- Material Access: We will be using Canvas this year as the learning management system. Please refer to the Student Guides posted below under Quick Links to help you out with Canvas. Students, you will need to know your PowerSchool password!
- Organizational Method: The curriculum will be set up in Modules for us to progress through. Lesson content and assignments will be posted within each Module.
- Grading: All student work will be evaluated and graded based on the traditional letter-grade scale.
- You may find more information about lesson content and grading on the Syllabus page on Canvas.
- Canvas Student guide
- Canvas Observer guide (for parents)
- Guía del Estudiante
- Guía del Observador (para padres)