The Extracurricular Code of Conduct by which students will abide.
Trying Out for Team? See criteria below
1. Must be in grade 7 or grade 8 to participate in interscholastic athletic competition.
2. Must be less than fifteen years of age on or before August 31 of the current school year.
3. Must attain a passing grade in all core subjects and one elective subject each semester. If the athlete is academically eligible or ineligible at the beginning of the semester, that status is retained the full semester.
4. Must receive a medical examination each year (364 days) by a duly licensed Physician, nurse practitioner, or physician’s assistant, subject to the provision of 90-9, 90-18.1 and 90-18.2.5. Must have been in attendance 85% of the previous semester.6. No student may be eligible to participate at the middle school level for a period lasting longer than four (4) consecutive semesters beginning with the students entry into the seventh grade.
7. The student must meet the residence criteria of G.S. 115C-366(a). The student may participate only at the school to which the student is assigned by the LEA. Transfers within the same administrative unit may be governed by the local Board of Education.