2020-2021 School Year
Highland Car Rider Procedures & Tags
If you have a Car Rider Tag from the previous year and all student names are up-to-date, you DO NOT need to fill out this form.
If you have a Car Rider Tag from the previous year but you need to update student names, you DO need fo fill out this form. Please note that you only need an updated sticker on the last question.
Please list all of your children under the Student(s) Name(s) question. Your children will all be assigned the same car tag.
ONLY STUDENTS WHO ARE CAR RIDERS NEED TO REGISTER!!!
- As an additional safety measure, we require all cars have a Highland-issued Car Rider Tag for any students who will be picked up via our car rider line.
- Any cars who do not have a Highland-issued Car Rider Tag will be directed to park and walk into our front office for release of students. This includes all students who will be picked up in our daycare car rider line.
- Each family will be issued two Car Rider Tags. If more are needed, they can be purchased for a nominal fee of $2 at our front office. ID will be required in order to purchase additional Car Rider Tags.
- Car Rider Tags will be issued at Open House, on the first day of school, or upon registering your child at Highland during the school year.
- If you need to update your car tag from the school year, please fill out the registration form. There will be an option to select that you need an updated sticker. These will also be distributed at Open House or on the first day of school.
- For the safety of all Highland students, if you arrive for pickup without a car tag, you will need to come in to the front office and wait until the end of car dismissal (approximately 3:00) to sign your child out. ID will be required. Thank you for your patience as this will ensure all students get home safely and securely.
Morning Car Circle Drop Off
Afternoon Car Circle Pick Up Procedures
At Highland, student safety is a top priority! The guidelines we have established for morning drop off and afternoon pickup are to ensure maximum safety for ALL students. Please help us by complying with all procedures and requests given by staff members.
All vehicles exiting our campus must turn right as there is a right turn only lane to exit. No left turns can be made as there is only one lane to exit the campus.
Please refrain from cell phone use during car circle.
Look carefully before changing lanes to help prevent accidents.
Daycare Morning Drop Off
All morning daycare cars will need to park in the parking lot and walk their child safely into the building. (The two lanes in our car circle will be double-stacked to allow more cars onto our campus.)
Morning Car Circle & Parking Lot Drop Off
Cars that will utilize the parking lot will use the far left entering lane and turn LEFT at the driveway split. (See yellow arrows in diagram below.)
Starting the second week of school, parents will no longer be permitted to walk their child to their classroom in the morning. Parents may walk their child into the building and say goodbye in the atrium. **Current COVID 19 guidelines do not allow parents to walk into the building or down our sidewalks due to social-distancing, temperature checks, and bracelet stations.**
Always use crosswalks when walking students into the building.
Afternoon Car Circle Pick Up
- Please use the right two entering lanes (see white arrows in diagram below) to double stack cars all the way to Bonnar Bridge.
- Please keep the far left entering lane (see yellow arrows in diagram below) free-flowing.
- Use the far left entering lane for emergency vehicles, parking, buses, and daycare vans.
- Parents may NOT walk up during dismissal to pick up their child. Between 2:20 and 3:00, pick up must be done through the car circle line.
- Students will meet their cars at a colored cone where a staff member will help them into their vehicle.
- For safety, students must enter from the right side of the vehicle only.
- To keep our car circle moving smoothly, if you need more time to settle your child into your car, after you pick them up you may pull into the parking lot to rearrange.
- If your child is not at a colored cone and you have to wait for them, a staff member will motion for you to pull forward to the flagpole while you wait for your child to come to your car.
- We require ALL cars to have a Highland-issued Car Rider Tag for any students who will be picked up via our car rider line. Any cars who do not have a Highland-issued Car Rider Tag will be directed to park and walk into our front office for release of students.
- Parents coming into the front office will have to wait until 3pm when our staff is finished with afterschool duties in order to pick up their children.