WOODLAWN MIDDLE SCHOOL
"HOME OF THE EAGLES
It is time again for the Eagles to hit the fields and courts for the 2017 - 2018 school year. Here are some things you will need to tryout for sports at Woodlawn...
1) a physical examination. Forms can be downloaded from the list below or obtained from the front office or the gym. South Court Medical Care on E.Elm St., Graham, 336-228-9671, is offering Physicals for $25. You can walk in, but I suggest you call first for an appointment.
2)The Student/Parent concussion form must be intialed by the student and one parent in the appropriate spots on the form after both read the concussion material.
3) Every 6th & 7th grader is eligible for the fall semester. 8th graders will be required to pass all 4 core classes and one elective classes during the previous semester. Example: A 8th grade student wanting to play football or softball in the fall and basketball in the winter, would have to have passed all 4 core classes(math, science, LA and social studies)and 1 elective(PE, Art, Band, etc.)during the spring semester the year before trying out.
6th, 7th and 8th grade students wanting to go out for a spring sports, will have to meet these academic requirements during the fall semester to be eligible.
Also, students must attend school 85% of the previous semester. What that means is they can not miss more than 13.5 days a semester. All forms needed are below.
CLICK HERE:/site/Default.aspx?PageID=30353 for more information about middleschool sports.
FREE SPORTS PHYSICALS
WHERE: TrailHead Church Youth Center, 123 N. Main St., Graham, NC 27253.
WHEN: Saturday, April 28, 9 am - 1 pm
FOR MORE INFO: 336-225-1470
What you need with you to be seen:
- NC High School Athletic Association Sport Pre-participation Form
- Name must be on front and back of form
- Family History section must be completed
- Parents must sign the form. No parent signature...no physical
THE WOODLAWN GIRL'S BASKETBALL TEAM WENT IN OVERTIME TO WIN THE 2018 DARE GIRL'S MIDDLE SCHOOL BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT CHAMPIONSHIP!
CONGRATULATIONS TO AMIYAH EVANS, LALIA ANDERSON AND MACKENZIE TAYLOR FOR BEING NAMED TO THE DARE ALL TOURNAMENT TEAM.
THE GIRLS FINISHED THE SEASON 11 - 2
OUR BOYS BASKETBALL TEAM WAS THE 2017 - 2018 ABSS CITY/COUNTY CONFERENCE REGULAR SEASON CHAMPIONS WITH A PERFECT 12 - 0 RECORD.
THE BOY'S TEAM FELL IN THE D.A.R.E. MIDDLE SCHOOL BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT CHAMPIONSHIP IN TWO OVERTIMES TO FINISH RUNNER - UPS AND A IMPRESSIVE FINAL RECORD OF 13 - 1.
CONGRATULATIONS TO DARIUS KANE AND ALIK LEWIS FOR BEING NAMED TO THE DARE ALL TOURNAMENT TEAM.
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE EAGLE'S CHEERLEADERING SQUAD FOR AN OUTSTANDING JOB OF SUPPORTING OUR ATHLETIC PROGRAMS AND BEING NAMED THE 2018 DARE MIDDLE SCHOOL BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT CHEERLEADING POSTER CONTEST WINNER!!!
The ABSS Board of Education has approved for 6th graders to tryout for all teams except Football. The State Board or Education set the football exception for safety purposes. Unfortunately, the BOE did not vote for this in time for cheerleading, as tryouts were held in May of last Spring semester.
Please read over the requirements to tryout for a sport in ABSS. It is all spelled out on the Athletic webpage. Any questions; contact Glenn Terrell, Athletic Director @ firstname.lastname@example.org. us.
PARENTS YOU CAN NOW BUY A SEASON SPORTS PASS FOR...FAMILY $60 OR INDIVIDUAL FOR $50. PLEASE WRITE CHECKS TO THE "WOODLAWN ATHLETIC BOOSTERS."
These will get you into all Woodlawn Home games ONLY! You must have your pass with you to get into the game. Ifyou need additional information please call 919-563-3222 and ask for Coach Terrell or Kathy Dodson. You may also email Coach Terrell at email@example.com.