Welcome to the HMS Band Website!Mrs. Payne
Room H119Band (6th-8th)Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Band Handbooks 2019-2020:
- 6th Grade Handbook: 6th Handbook
- 7th/8th Grade Band Handbook: 7th/8th Handbook
- 8th DrumlineHandbook: Drumline Handbook
- Full Band Calendar: Calendar (all grades information is included, this will be updated as needed)
Open House Info 2019-2020:
- Hoodie Order Form: Form (required for 7th and 8th and optional for 6th grade)
- This is for the Burlington Christmas Parade. This is the same black hoodie as last year.
- 6th Grade: 6th Info
- Info about joining 6th Grade Band for the 2019-2020 School Year
- 7th/8th Grade Band: 7th/8th Info
- 8th Drumline: Drumline Info
REQUIRED Performance Dates:
- 6th Grade First Concert: 11/7/2019 (attire below)
- Arrive by 6:30pm. Concert 7-7:30pm.
- Burlington Christmas Parade: 11/23/2019 from 9am-12pm (7th/8th)
- Winter Concert: 12/5/2019 (attire below)
- Arrive by 6:30pm. Concert 7-8pm. (7th/8th)
- Spring Concert: 5/19/2020 (attire below)
- Arrive by 6:30pm. Concert 7-8pm. (6th/7th/8th)
- Ladies- white blouse and black dress pants/skirt OR a solid black dress and dress shoes,
- Gentlemen- white button up dress shirt with a tie, black dress pants with black dress shoes.
If you have any problems acquiring any of the items, please see Mrs. Payne and we will help you acquire these materials at least a week before a concert.
OPTIONAL Performance Dates:
- The opening to the Central NC Band Day marching band competition on 10/19 at WAHS
- All-District Band Clinic and Concert: 1/31-2/1
- All-County Band Clinic and Concert: 2/10-2/11 (Concert is 2/11 at 7pm at Cummings HS)
- Spring Trip (date TBA)
Director of BandsMy name is Mrs. Payne and this is my fourteenth year teaching at Hawfields Middle School. I was born in Virginia, but grew up in Wake Forest, NC. I graduated UNC Greensboro with my BM in Music Education in 2006 and with my MM in Music Education August of 2013. I am primarily a saxophone player, but also can be seen performing on flute. I live in Burlington with my 10 year old son, Aiden, my 2 year old, Aaron, and my husband, Ron (a former band director). I love teaching and learning about music!