The summer school location for SME will be EM Yoder.
SUMMER SCHOOL HOURS
June 29th - Aug 5th
Mon - Thurs 7:45am - 3:45pm
Closed July 5th - 9th
No Summer School
for the July 4th vacation.
PowerSchol Parent Portal
Make sure that you claim your account in the Parent Portal. This will allow you to monitor your child's progress and view progress reports
You will need an access code and password. If you have not claimed your account, Mrs. Rowland will send this information to your email address. If you do not receive an email, please contact Mrs. Rowland at Majoria_Rowland@abss.k12.nc.us.
Linked here, you will find readily available resources to support digital learning at home. Please access this document for support in troubleshooting technology concerns.
*Frequently Asked Questions *Clever *Google Classroom *Zoom *Imagine Learning *Achieve 3000
After utilizing these resources, if you still have trouble, please call:
ABSS Tech Support 336-GET-HELP
- To protect your computer, please place it on a table or other stable surface in your learning environment.
- Due to weak internet connections, you may experience gliches when using audio and video. Turning off your video to speak will help eliminate the gliches.
- If you experience microphone problems, try recording a FlipGrid video to determine if it is a computer issue or a Zoom issue.
- Remove your headphones if you are hearing added background noise.
- If you have an ABSS HotSpot, it should only be used for school purposes. There is limited data that is quickly used up when gaming.
- Each night, shut down the computer by choosing shut down from the power menu in the bottom left corner.
- Regularly clear the browsing history in Google Chrome: In the top right corner, choose the 3 vertical dots, choose More Tools, choose Clear Browsing Data. choose Clear. You can also press Ctrl + Shift + Delete and then choose Clear.