Learning at Highland
LEARNING AT HIGHLAND
Highland is an engaging, positive, and nurturing learning environment that focuses on growth for all.
We have two primary focuses at Highland Elementary:
- Inclusive & Nurturing School: We promote a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for our students, staff, and families by providing opportunities to learn about and appreciate the unique differences of others.
- Standards-Based Teaching and Learning: We align our teaching to state standards and help our students to celebrate their personal growth as they master grade level standards throughout the year.
Standards Based Grading
At Highland, students are taught using evidence-based practices aligned with standards-based instruction. Our students are given mastery checkpoints throughout the year as standards are taught. As students progress towards mastery of standards, teachers facilitate re-teaching or extension of standards to meet our students where they are. This personalization of instruction and goal setting helps our students take ownership of their learning. Please take a moment to review the resources below for additional information.
Mobile Learning at Highland
Click on the image above for an interactive slide deck to learn about Mobile Learning at Highland.
Have technical difficulty?
Important Information and Documents
- Staff Favorites! Looking for a special treat for a special staff member? Use the link to find out what his/her favorites are!
- Family Handbook (Spanish & English)
- Attendance & Absence Procedures (How to request an educational absence)
- Educational Absence Approval Form
Other Important Information