How can parents view Canvas as an observer?
Parents, if you would like access to your child's Canvas, follow these directions: DIRECTIONS
OR, follow these directions:
How to Sign Up to Become a Canvas (Parent) Observer
Steps to become an Observer (set-up is easiest from a desktop or laptop):
- Student signs in to https://my.ncedcloud.org (access under Staff Links on ABSS website).
- Click on the red Canvas icon.
- Click on Account (left menu).
- Click on Settings.
- Click on “Pair with Observer” in the bottom left corner. A code will appear.
- In another tab/window, visit https://abss.instructure.com/login/canvas.
- Click “Parent of a Canvas User” in the top right corner.
- Complete Parent Information and enter the pairing code provided in Step 5 to set up your account.
- Bookmark https://abss.instructure.com/login/canvas to log into your account at a later time. You can also download the Canvas Parent app on your phone or mobile device.
Parents or guardians can also request a pairing code from their student’s teacher.
Parents or guardians can connect to more than one student under the same Observer account but will need to connect with one student at a time. Additional students can be added under Settings when logged into the Observer account. Click HERE for step-by-step instructions for adding additional students.