Point Foundation considers many factors when assessing scholarship applicants, including:
- A proven track record of leadership and community involvement
- Strong academic achievement
- Working for the betterment of the LGBTQ community
- Financial need
- Must be enrolled or intending to enroll at an accredited college or university based in the United States, including Hawaii and Alaska, in the fall of 2021. Students enrolled or intending to enroll in a college or university in a United States territory are NOT eligible.
- Must be “out” as a person who identifies as a member of the LGBTQ community.
- Must be enrolled full-time for the full academic year.
- Must be enrolled in a degree-granting undergraduate or graduate/ doctoral program. Post-doctoral research programs are not eligible.
- Students studying at community colleges, online programs, or trade schools, are NOT eligible. [But, if you are a community college student, check out our Community College Scholarship]
- Community college students must be transferring to a four-year college or university.
- Must be at least a senior in high school.
- If selected as a finalist, the finalist must be in North or Central America on April 23-25 and be available to fly to Los Angeles in order to remain eligible for the scholarship. All travel expenses will be covered by Point.
Deadline: January 27, 2021