The Amazon Future Engineer scholarship program assists high school seniors who have completed a computer science course and plan to continue their education by attaining a bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, computer engineering or other computer science related field of study from an accredited 4-year college or university. Recipients of the award receive $10,000 at an accredited four-year college or university as well as a paid summer internship at Amazon after their freshman year of college.
Applicants to the Amazon Future Engineer Scholarship Program must be:
- Be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- Be high school seniors who are currently enrolled in or who have completed a high school or college dual degree course where computer science is the subject. Example courses include:
- International Baccalaureate Computer Science Course
- Advanced Placement (AP) Computer Science A or AP Computer Science Principles
- Computer science through a college dual enrollment program
- Other High School course where only Computer Science is taught
- Be planning to attain a bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, computer engineering or other computer science related field of study from an accredited 4-year college or from a 2-year college with the intent to transfer to a 4-year college.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent).
Deadline: February 18, 2021